BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can I use 245/45 19" front as rear wheel?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DDL24 
#1 ·
Has anyone done the following?

The 2003 745Li currently has the staggered 19", 245/45 front and 275/40 rear. Thinking about getting the same front wheel size for the rear as well so it's all the same 245/45 19" all around and so the spare can be used on any of the four corners. Any thought. Many thanks.

#2 ·
I am not an authority (I'm sure those guys will chime in shortly ;)) but my knee-jerk reaction is....ick :thumbdwn:.

Technically I'm sure it's not an issue, but you're going to sacrifice some performance I imagine, and the 7ser without staggered wheels looks very ugly in my opinion.

Cheers,

/TCP

#4 ·
I am not an authority (I'm sure those guys will chime in shortly ;)) but my knee-jerk reaction is....ick :thumbdwn:.

Technically I'm sure it's not an issue, but you're going to sacrifice some performance I imagine, and the 7ser without staggered wheels looks very ugly in my opinion.

Cheers,

/TCP
We used to have an authority...:eeps:

#3 ·
yes i agree
looks ugly
will handle like piss
and is just a dumb idea
just keep the staggered wheel setup and if you get a flat you put the spare on simple problem solved, just put spare on to get home safely and order a new tired of the proper size it is was a rear tire

#5 ·
so u wanna roll on front wheels on the rear, why? :confused:

what would be the purpose of that? u want less traction for the wheels that drive the car? :confused: i dont know what is the reasoning behind this... because u wanna use a spare all the time?

:tsk:

#6 ·
so u wanna roll on front wheels on the rear, why? :confused:

what would be the purpose of that? u want less traction for the wheels that drive the car? :confused: i dont know what is the reasoning behind this... because u wanna use a spare all the time?

:tsk:
I think the OP is more concerned w/ saving $$$:dunno:

#11 ·
UMMM DDL Dont you think the BMW Engineers thought of this when they put the factory spare in the car???? YOU CAN USE YOUR SPARE IF YOU GET A FLAT ... However you should only use a spare for a limited amount of time, hence the reason its called a spare.

If you want a 5th (in this case 5th and 6th) wheel you should invest in them if money is not a problem ... found on ebay all the time

Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.