BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Photo of leather seat from a '96 Z3

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Blacklane 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a photo of an original leather seat in a '96 Z3? The insurance company is trying to say I didn't have leather seats in my car. It has been towed away, so I can't go look at it. I could have sworn those were leather seats I had, but I'd like to see a picture of them from someone before I get to strident with the insurance company.

#7 ·
Mickeyamc:

On eBay at Item Number 200163863356 is a 1996 BMW Z3 offered for sale. The seller has provide some excellent photos including interior photos of the vehicle's seats. The seller indicates that the seats are cloth, not leather. They look to me to be leatherette although I don't have a lot of experience in this subject.

At this url are details about Z3 interiors including photos of various seat options in leather, letherette, fabric and so forth:

http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/bmw_z3_interior.htm

All this may be of only minimal help.

#8 ·
I thought some of the very earliest U.S. 1996s were cloth. There was an owner in Houston with one of the very first (if not the first) 1.9s, who then immediately had the interior re-upholstered in leather.

Cloth was always an ROW option.

Memory fades...:dunno:

#9 ·
Your dealer can get you a printout of all options on your car if you give him the VIN. He can also include any/all service done at BMW dealerships. If your car came with leather seats, this printout should satisfy the insurance company; if not, sue the bastards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.