BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

EONON D5124FU in my 04 X5 4.4?!?!?!

8K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  puddinboo 
#1 ·
This thread is to document my hopefully ultimately successful attempt to put an EONON D5124FU in my 04 X5 4.4 (mid, no nav, no changer)

Below is a link to the unit listing on eBay where you can see in the description it claims to be a simple 20 min diy and a direct perfect fit for the e53.

The item was listed as available but as soon as I paid i got a message that they were out of stock. Ended up waiting almost two weeks for it to ship. (Btw you will get a separate bill from the shipping service fur import duty into the U.S.).

Unit comes in a plain white box with no instructions at all. When asked I'm told its such a simple plug and play no instructions are needed.

To be continued...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1205...0951476876&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123

#2 ·
As soon as I pulled out the MID And CD player I knew something didn't look right.

Although the outer dimensions are right and the body slides into the factory cd slot the eonon is flush at the top but the factory cd is not so the only way to fit it properly is to cut out the upper cross member of the plastic frame in the dash. S mod I'm reluctant to do until I'm certain the unit will otherwise work.

One of the harnesses provided matches the 40 pin factory harness that his into the cd but there is absolutely no provision for the MID connector.

Once connected by itself the unit does not turn on at all unless the MID is plugged back in in which case it turns on but no sound at all

(It's in this testing phase that I reconnected the MID with the key in the 1 position apparently killing it)

So at this point I need to figure out how and where to connect the unit and whether I need to keep the MID plugged in for it to work in which case I guess it needs to go on the glove box?

So far seller has been off no help at all other than suggesting I need an extended harness to make the connection in the back where so far I haven't found any 40 pin connections

Attachments

#13 ·
Eonon D5124F

The D5124F will "fit", and some functions might work as long as you use the A0565 cable if your radio receiver is in the tire well and you do not have the DSP amplifier. You will likely not receive any helpful customer support, but you will get promises.

I got rid of my unit after a month. Many of the eBay sellers are actually Eonon fronts. I have it in writing from Eonon. It is very easy for them to ship to you from HK. Let me know if you ever get an RMA to send something back!

Caveat Emptor

Will the Eonon work for my 2006 X5 w/ Navigation? I really want a new stereo but am scared to purchase this off ebay, then have to pay for shipping back to hong kong if it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

#14 · (Edited)
i bought a unit from Eonon for my ex. E39 which had the factory 16:9 display and system, honestly i wouldn't buy it again, spend a little extra and get the Dynavin which is way better than this one, even though they're both Chinese, the latter one is much better. The Eonon has a slow software and not all functions will work as they advertise it plus installation turns out to be a PIA unlike what they claim. Sold the car to a friend of mine and he isn't very happy either about this unit, so i would say stay away from it, it is cheap indeed but still doesn't worth the money you pay for it IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.