BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4M: Best place to buy replacement wheel?

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  pwrdbym 
#1 ·
I need to replace my M Double Spoke 224 right front wheel that is out of round from a curb hit. I will take an OE remanufactured/refurbrished replacment if garanteed. Any recommendations on where to buy?

#3 ·
Curry's in Falls Church VA has one of these sitting in their waiting area. Give them a call -

105 Falls Avenue
Falls Church, Virginia 22046

Tel: 703.533.1107
Fax: 703.533.0520
Email: fallschurch@currysauto.com

Monday-Friday 7:30am - 7:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm

#5 ·
Thanks for replies. My other 3 wheels are OE wheels but do not want to pay full pop if I dont have to. I will check out Curry's. I found this place on the web and was curious if anybody has used them?

#7 ·
I hope somebody, someday will prove me wrong, but I've yet to see a refinished wheel that didn't look like a refinished wheel.

My recommendation is go for the dealer too.

#12 ·
Well. Back to square one. I just got a note from North Haven, CT BMW saying they no longer ship out rims.

#14 ·
Here is Tischer's parts website

www.getbmwparts.com

and I noticed the new wheels are now made in Austria and have a small casting number on the outside,
I had a wheel replaced under warranty a few weeks back and the brand new rim that they had to order was different as mentioned above,

Same color and finish, Just made somewhere else with a casting number on it

(see here in this photo I found)

You see the number in between the spokes before where the M badge is, I think it says "13" my new rim has this on it,

#19 ·
did you get your OEM wheel? what option did you have to go with? I too am in the market for a right front due to curb rash...
~Ryan
I got it from a local SF Bay Area dealer at 15% off list. I am glad I did not order from an online BMW dealer. The wheel came sealed in its original box. When I opened it I found no packing in the box. It was just sitting there in the box like a round peg in a square hole. There was nothing to cushion it from an outside hit. I can't imagine what would have happened to it if it had been shipped further than it had already to get the dealer. No wonder North Haven, CT BMW said they no longer ship out rims…

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.