BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

VF Engineering Supercharged E36 M3!

29K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  Jon Shafer 
#1 ·
Anyone here have a VF supercharged E36 M3?

If so, what do you think of it?

:dunno:

#10 ·
I've got a Rogue Engineering cat back so it was already pretty aggressive sounding and I can detect no difference...maybe when I can finally exceed 4,500 I'll be able to notice a change. Not expecting any. At idle, there's a very slight S/C rattle which is apparently normal. Blip the throttle and there's a bit of S/C whistle which sounds really cool. Both are nearly un-noticeable with hood closed and can't be heard from drivers seat. For all practical purposes, car is a sleeper.

#12 ·
Looks really, really good...been hoping to stumble on a set of those wheels. I'm fairly late to the game. Spent most of my life in trucks...use to do engine transplants, make adapters, all that sort of stuff. Bought wife an Audi several years ago and came to the conclusion that German cars are pretty cool (this was before I had to work on the damn thing). She got sick of me constantly stealing the car so was forced to find something of my own. Test drove the M3 after trying dozens of other 'sportive' makes and was sold. For an old guy, it's a pretty fun new adventure. 160 more break in miles to go....

#14 ·
Good luck Jon. You are supercharging a classic. The results will be great. Keep us posted.
I'm gonna wrestle with this decision when my warranty is done. I probably won't do it though just to keep the car original and unmolested. I think 414hp will always be enough.

#25 ·
Good catching up with you Jon, it's been a while.

dynorun004 was the best for that day, here's a quick video:

Dyno

Installation

Thanks for making us a part of bringing newfound life to your uber-clean E36M3! :thumbup:

#27 ·
After driving my VF Engineering supercharged M3 for a few months now, I just want to say that I FREAKING LOVE IT!!

The sound of the blower, the throttle response, the confidence in knowing that I can blow right past the majority of cars
on the road on demand, well, I am just plain giddy.

:roundel::roundel::roundel:

#30 ·
That is a Sweet E36 M3!!! Is super clean, good job... Not to many people even know that they made E36 M3 in 99. You always know which one is a 99 because the /// always fade... I'm looking into VF from a supercharger from my E36/8 S54 (Hamann-ed) Mcoupe... Its between VF and AA. I was going to talk to the guys at Bimmerfest East, before I make the plunge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.