BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

TC Kline Z4

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TurnerMS 
#1 ·
Did anyone watch the Grand Am race on Speed channel this weekend?
The TC Kline Z4 made quite a run until he pitted, watching him pass the RX8 was pretty cool. It looks like this Z4 may be a good contender, I'm looking forward to seeing them @ Mosport here in Toronto.

There was also an MCoupe, but I don't think he placed very well.

Too bad Will Turner went with 4 tires, that could have been a pretty good finish otherwise. (Nice bimmerfest sponsorship on the TMS car)

#2 ·
Stouffville Z3 said:
The TC Kline Z4 made quite a run until he pitted, watching him pass the RX8 was pretty cool.

There was also an MCoupe, but I don't think he placed very well.
wasn't it a z3 coupe?

the guy who drove the first stint in the Z4 (John Tecce) hangs out on the Roadfly coupe forum (goes by "Cochise") - great guy....used to drive a s54 coupe.

#4 ·
I'm not say that 2nd isn't a good finish, you missed my point.

Had he have gone with 2 tires it would have been a good cat and mouse type finish. I noticed the RX8 and TMS car being pretty close prior to the pit stop. That's what I meant.

The TMS team commands quite a bit of respect for their accomplishments.

BTW- Where's Bill Auberlen this year? Just with PTG? I met him at Mosport last year, exceedingly nice guy.

Bill

#5 ·
Stouffville Z3 said:

Had he have gone with 2 tires it would have been a good cat and mouse type finish. I noticed the RX8 and TMS car being pretty close prior to the pit stop. That's what I meant.

BTW- Where's Bill Auberlen this year? Just with PTG? I met him at Mosport last year, exceedingly nice guy.

Bill
i think i heard they were having tire issues and had to change all 4.

#8 ·
Stouffville Z3 said:
It looks like this Z4 may be a good contender, I'm looking forward to seeing them @ Mosport here in Toronto.
I'll have to verify with the schedule, but I believe that GAC (the series that the TC Kline Z4s run in) is only at Mount-Tremblant this year and it's Speed World Challenge (featuring the Turner cars) at Mosport (it was Mosport last year when Bimmerfest first appeared on a TMS car - Bill Auberlen's car). If you go, be sure to stop by the TMS team in the paddock and say 'hi'.

John Tecce's co-driver, Donn Vickrey did a write up of their weekend at the end of this thread in the Motorsports forum, where you can find more discussion of the GAC and Speed WC series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57658

One of my pictures from Phoenix:

#10 ·
Stouffville Z3 said:

Bill
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Tough to get a close finish in these endurance races.

Bill's next World Challenge Touring Car race w/TMS is Memorial Day Weekend at Lime Rock Park. That is guarnateed close racing - from the green to the checkered.

http://www.world-challenge.com/2004/schedules.html

Doug
TMS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.