BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New company car - need details

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  nik328xi 
#1 · (Edited)
HI All,

This is my first post so please be gentle :)

I am about to take delivery of a 61 plate (2011) BMW 320i M-Sport. I am trying to find out if this version has i-Drive fitted?

I am also confused about the model numbers (E90, E91...etc)...which version does my 2011 car fall under?

Can any one shed any light on my question....if possible.

Cheers
Toby :thumbup:

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure if you can tell if iDrive is fitted without the VIN. If you know the VIN, there is a web site you can use to check the build sheet which will show you everything (on phone and don't have the URL handy).

The Entwicklung code (e-code) is a body style designator. E90 is a sedan, E91 is the touring (wagon), E92 is the coupe, and E93 is the cabriolet. Note that the Entwicklung code won't differentiate between engine models/lines, i.e. an E92 is a coupe, but could be a 328i or 335i.

#6 ·
It is a cool site, but using any tool off a website based in Russia gives me the willies.

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, why not wait until they mirror a website in the USA? On the 'net you have no idea where anything is or who you're dealing with. I hear you though, the 'ru', and a few others, always give me pause.

Toby, welcome! We're seeing more UK posters in the last few months.
There's an E9x Wiki way up on the center right side of the Bimmerfest banner. Take a look way up on the top line.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.