BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

3 Series Order Help

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ctorrey 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to understand a couple of aspects of the order process for 328xi coupe & sedan since the March price increase. It seems that the build your own section of the BMW web site is still a little glitchy and other sites such as Edmunds have not been updated. Anyway, I'm interested in either a 328xi coupe or sedan with the M-Sport package. Here's my confusion:

Coupe:
M-Sport is listed as a $2,200 and comes with V-spoke Type 152 rims. Can this package be ordered with Type 193M rims? The BMW order guide suggests it can, but the build your own site has no mention.

Sedan
M-Sport is listed as a $3,750 option(!) and comes with 17" Type 194M rims. It does allow for an upgrade to the 18" Type 193M rims for an additional $600. Is this correct? Why such a price difference between coupe & sedan? Also, is the order code for M-Sport still ZMP?

Both
I assume the $1,840 X-Drive credit is still available for these vehicles through 3/31 at the least, correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 328i coupe on order for ED, which I did in Feburary, and I am caught up on all of the annoying March changes, unfortunately. The M Sport package is now ZM2 on the coupes, as the regular sport package has been discontinued (therefore increasing the price by $1300 for anyone that wanted the sport seats, etc.). And ZM2 now costs $2800, as opposed to $3000 previously. The wheel style 152 is now what you get on ZM2 on the 328i. My CA is looking into whether I can order the style 193M wheels instead, but I have a feeling BMW is going to come back with a big "NEIN!" The 193M wheels come on the 335i with ZM2. Where on the site did it suggest you can get the 193Ms on the 328i? If so, it might be a change the web people forgot to make since the March changes rolled out.

As for the price difference in the sedan, ZMP (it's still called that for sedans) adds a sport suspension, which is already standard in coupes. However, my understanding is that none of the XDrive cars get sport suspension, M Sport or not, so I don't know why it costs so much to add it on XDrive cars. The upgrade to the 18" wheels for $600 is correct on the sedans with ZMP.

I don't know about the XDrive credit because living in California, AWD is not needed. Sorry!

Some more annoying March changes: $950 price increase. However, Steptronic is now a no cost option, so really it's a $425 decrease if you want to look at it that way (which is the way BMW is spinning it!). But if you want manual, you're paying the increase.

I hope that helps!

#3 ·
The wheel style 152 is now what you get on ZM2 on the 328i. My CA is looking into whether I can order the style 193M wheels instead, but I have a feeling BMW is going to come back with a big "NEIN!" The 193M wheels come on the 335i with ZM2. Where on the site did it suggest you can get the 193Ms on the 328i? If so, it might be a change the web people forgot to make since the March changes rolled out.
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that getting the 193M wheels is just not going to happen if I want the coupe. I'm sure they can be purchased separately, but at a pretty high cost, no doubt.

What really annoys me is the likelihood that the X-Drive credit appears to be gone for 328i models, but retained for the 335i. I was all set to pull the trigger on a 328xi coupe, but now that the difference between it and a similarly equipped 335xi coupe is about $60/mo instead of $125/mo, it's got me re-strategizing. Ugh.

#5 ·
What really annoys me is the likelihood that the X-Drive credit appears to be gone for 328i models, but retained for the 335i.
I confirmed this with my dealer. Strange approach by BMW, but maybe they want to push the 335i models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.