BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW reverted back to 400hp for the 2013 550i on their website

12K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  jjsC6 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Who needs 445 bhp when you can have 501 with a Dinan Stage 2 tune?

#6 ·
#10 · (Edited)
interestingly enough, the features and specs till also mention VANOS and Valvetronic (the 2010-2012 did not have valvetronic). I suspect it was just a change because of the number of other times 400 hp was mentioned, and they really don't have a clue about what it is. Either they forgot to take that out (probable) or they forgot to change other things.

BMW NA REALLY needs to step up to the plate and ANNOUNCE what is what. The webpage release is backfiring.

#14 ·
If I was not one of those buyers, I would probably be entertained too.

#25 ·
Why? I had a 2008 e92 335i that was Dinan Stage 2 up to the day I turned it in. My dealer was cool with it.

My e92 M3 had a Dinan exhaust on it...dealer didnt mind at all..but I ended up selling it instead of returning to dealer.

I lease all of my cars, and I plan on going Stage 2 on my 550i as well.

#27 ·
What is the difference whether you lease or own, you still lose the money spend on it. Performance mods almost never are worth money on a used car. In fact, most of the time it will make the car harder to sell.

#28 ·
Hey, it's a new day. Anyone check today's horsepower?

#31 ·
I still find it interesting that we are supposedly getting valvetronic. If there was no change, that should have been removed as well. Just shows how little BMWNA knows.

#44 ·
#45 ·
Agree - those numbers are meaningless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.