BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Replaced headlights, HUGE difference

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  boramkiv 
#1 ·
My lenses were pretty cloudy, so I tried polishing them with a 3M kit. That worked well, and they looked ok for about a year, then the lenses clouded even worse than before. I took the plunge and replaced both using new Hella lights I found on eBay. Had to transfer the ballasts over to the new housings and I used new D2S bulbs. Couldn't be happier and I can see again.

I think the left was $165 for the bare housing, the right was about $200 (included a working ballast).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My lenses were pretty cloudy, so I tried polishing them with a 3M kit. That worked well, and they looked ok for about a year, then the lenses clouded even worse than before. I took the plunge and replaced both using new Hella lights I found on eBay. Had to transfer the ballasts over to the new housings and I used new D2S bulbs. Couldn't be happier and I can see again.

I think the left was $165 for the bare housing, the right was about $200 (included a working ballast).
It's ridiculous what these cost. My friend has a 2000 Grand Cherokee and to replace both headlight lens assemblies cost $100.

#3 ·
Unfortunately the E53 doesn't have replaceable lenses; the only thing available is the entire housing. OEM Bosch lenses for my E46 are about $50ea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.