BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How low 'miles to service' indicator has to be before I can bring it in?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  jesimmons 
#1 ·
I tried searching for this but didn't really find an answer so hopefully someone knows. My wife's 530xit's warranty expires at the end of the month and the service mileage indicator has 1,400 miles left. I'd like to get the car in one last time to get serviced and fix some minor things before the warranty ends.

Anyone know if the dealer will service my car with 1,400 miles left on the indicator?

Thanks.

#11 ·
My service indicator came on with 600 miles left to next oil change - and the car phoned home and scheduled an appointment "on its own". So for sure 600 is OK. But 1400 may be a stretch. If its been more than a year sionce the last oil change you are entitled to one regardless of # miles till next service.

#4 ·
All you have to do is complain about something else. I have 5000 miles left on mine and bringing it in next week for a trim piece that is worn (which they will replace under warranty by the way). Wind noise from the sunroof is a good one to use. Jerky transmission is another one. Lots of common issues to bring up. I***8217;ve cashed in my warranty all over the place for minor issues with the car. I call them free upgrades.

#8 ·
Sorry I didn't phrase right. They will fix the minor thing needed, but will they change the oil and fluids if i have 1500 showing on the indicator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.