BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rolling with the Big Dogs in the 550i Now!

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  AntDX316 
#1 ·
Good Morning Gang, I traded in my 535 (I owed $31,456.15 and the dealer gave me $33,500.00) and got the 550 yesterday. They had to truck the car in from the BMW dealer in Chattanooga TN.

354 Titanium Silver Metallic
Upholstery Code / Desc.
LCSW Black Dakota Leather
Options:
ZCW - Cold Weather Package
ZMP - M Sport Package
ZVP - Value Package
2TB - Sport automatic transmission
322 - Comfort Access keyless entry
456 - Multi-contour seats
4BY - Bamboo Anthracite Wood trim
610 - Head-up Display 655 - Satellite radio w/1 year sub.
677 - Premium hi-fi system
HD Radio
Satellite Radio

The MSRP was $71,270.00, but with the $7,500.00 Spring cash and the $2,048.85 equity I had in my 08, the final price was $61,770.00. Today, I'm sending the paperwork in for the $1,000.00 rebate check from BMWCCA. So that will knock the final price down to $60,770.00.

Of course, I had to add the BMW Extended Maintenance Warranty for $2,500.00, Extended Service for $3,980.00, Easy Dent Repair (unlimited visits) for $730.00 and the BMW Tire and Wheel Protection Program for $1,289.00.

I know some are going to say I could have gotten the warranties for cheaper at another place, but this dealer has been good to me and it gives me a piece of mine knowing I can just take it in and have everything taken care of.

Initial thoughts so far: The I-Drive is awesome. The feel of the engine is great! I'm a satisfied customer. Most of all, I don't have that fear of the dreaded HPFP failure looming in the back of my mind.

On a side note, I informed the C/A that the 550i Sport came with non-run flat tires and he swore up and down that all sport pkgs come with run flats. So we made a bet for dinner and I won. :) All and all he was great during the whole process as well as the whole staff. If anybody on the east coast is in the market now for a 550i, you better hurry, they have only 20 left on the east coast and the incentives are getting ready to dry up.

Thanks to all that replied to my questions and gave good advice. This board is a wealth of knowledge! I'll post some pics when this nasty weather clears.

See less See more
#2 ·
Same situation and couldn't be happier!!!
The 550i is a step up in everyway
Only minor complaint- the 19" wheels ride alittle rougher than the 18" with run flats on 535
I am sold on this baby!

#22 ·
There's no replacement for displacement :rofl:

#4 ·
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! Gotta love the V8! I had a 2009 535 sport loaner from the dealer the other week and I came away liking my 550 even more.:banana:

I was kind of shocked because the spec times are so close.

#16 ·
I'm coming off a CTS,so my 08 535i Sport is a step up for me.
My hat is off to you 550 owners.
It's an amazing car,and I hope to make that step up myself one day.

But my car already goes a lot faster and quicker than I can drive without a ticket.
Cops see these cars coming.

#6 ·
Congrats! It seems like you got a great deal - enjoy your new ride.

#12 ·
Good Morning Gang, I traded in my 535 (I owed $31,456.15 and the dealer gave me $33,500.00) and got the 550 yesterday. They had to truck the car in from the BMW dealer in Chattanooga TN.

354 Titanium Silver Metallic
Upholstery Code / Desc.
LCSW Black Dakota Leather
Options:
ZCW - Cold Weather Package
ZMP - M Sport Package
ZVP - Value Package
2TB - Sport automatic transmission
322 - Comfort Access keyless entry
456 - Multi-contour seats
4BY - Bamboo Anthracite Wood trim
610 - Head-up Display 655 - Satellite radio w/1 year sub.
677 - Premium hi-fi system
HD Radio
Satellite Radio

The MSRP was $71,270.00, but with the $7,500.00 Spring cash and the $2,048.85 equity I had in my 08, the final price was $61,770.00. Today, I'm sending the paperwork in for the $1,000.00 rebate check from BMWCCA. So that will knock the final price down to $60,770.00.

Of course, I had to add the BMW Extended Maintenance Warranty for $2,500.00, Extended Service for $3,980.00, Easy Dent Repair (unlimited visits) for $730.00 and the BMW Tire and Wheel Protection Program for $1,289.00.

I know some are going to say I could have gotten the warranties for cheaper at another place, but this dealer has been good to me and it gives me a piece of mine knowing I can just take it in and have everything taken care of.

Initial thoughts so far: The I-Drive is awesome. The feel of the engine is great! I'm a satisfied customer. Most of all, I don't have that fear of the dreaded HPFP failure looming in the back of my mind.

On a side note, I informed the C/A that the 550i Sport came with non-run flat tires and he swore up and down that all sport pkgs come with run flats. So we made a bet for dinner and I won. :) All and all he was great during the whole process as well as the whole staff. If anybody on the east coast is in the market now for a 550i, you better hurry, they have only 20 left on the east coast and the incentives are getting ready to dry up.

Thanks to all that replied to my questions and gave good advice. This board is a wealth of knowledge! I'll post some pics when this nasty weather clears.
I sit new?

#13 ·
Funny. This thread should be cross-posted with the "BMW IS GARBAGE" thread! LOL :p:rofl: (to show the owner of that thread "whats up"!)
Good luck and enjoy!!!! Post those pics!!:eeps:

#19 ·
So, if you can get a 2010 550i for under $60k, then it is a good BUY:thumbup:

I'm on the fence:confused:, need to decide by tomorrow.:yikes:

MSRP $71.2k
Selling Price $59k

#20 ·
Best of luck with the 550. Awesome vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.