BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Curious as to what type of watches, 5series BMW owners sport?

28K views 262 replies 190 participants last post by  JP528 
#1 ·
I know some think that watches are outdates, especially because the time can be told by any cell phone. But for me, Im a big watch fan, literally. Im a big fan of Panerais. Anybody else coocoo for writst clocks?

See less See more
#222 ·
Huge watch fan (in order of of purchase date):

Tag 6000 series (my first nice time piece)
Omega Seamaster
Rolex Submariner
Tag Carrera Twin Time
Panerai Luminor
Rolex SS Daytona (latest)

#229 ·
Porcupine effect - part 2

Just not sure here fellow E60 owners. Seems like we are already suspect (reference Porcupine effect) - then we add the big Rolex ... Like Shrek said - "Looks like he is compensating for something."

Anyhow, I am in the market for a nice automatic watch - but prefer to find a sleeper brand.. any thoughts?? Oris? Muhle Gulshutte ? Seiko diver?

#230 ·
Just not sure here fellow E60 owners. Seems like we are already suspect (reference Porcupine effect) - then we add the big Rolex ... Like Shrek said - "Looks like he is compensating for something."

Anyhow, I am in the market for a nice automatic watch - but prefer to find a sleeper brand.. any thoughts?? Oris? Muhle Gulshutte ? Seiko diver?
You can always take a look at the Omega Speedmaster line. I have an Omega automatic and since it is not too big size-wise, most people do not notice it at all. I kind of like that. I bought the watch because I liked it not because of the label (same reason I bought my car - I loved the car and the label did not matter).

#233 ·
Mine:
Seiko Sports 5 7S36
Citizen eco-drive Calibre 2100
Omega Seamaster auto
Rolex Submariner 60th anniversary

Out of all these, the Seiko is my real daily wearer, the others I just bought more or less for the sake of "wanting one!":yummy:

I like the automatic watches due to their mechanical intricacy. They are probably one of the very few things in this world that are truly energy self-regenerating.

#248 ·
Some of the discussions get me thinking.., are women less inclined to wear watch than men? What's your take? Come to think of it, my mom, my wife, and my MIL do not wear watch. As I just look at the secretary sitting outside of my office, no watch either. Am I just surrounded by watchless women by accident?:dunno:

I can't imaging going one day without my watch. The only time I take my watch off is when I am in the shower, when I am working on something that may damage my watch, or when I am told to by the wife... :eeps:

#250 ·
Here's my take - women tend to wear much more jewelry on average than men, so a watch doesn't really make it as an accessory over tennis bracelets, rings and earrings. Whereas men really don't wear jewelry so the watch becomes THE essential piece. This is part of why I wear nice watches.

#251 ·
I agree that a simple battery watch keeps better time than an automatic, Swiss made watch. But, the intricate time pieces that cost thousands more than the more accurate watch has craftsmanship and art, which is the reason I collect time pieces.

I have the following:

Patek Philippe hand wind
a bunch of Rolex's, all automatics
Cartier tank, automatic
Tag Heuer, quartz
Bucherer, an automatic that keeps terrible time, but my wife got it for me 20 years ago when we were dating
A. Lange & Sohne, hand wind
Pirelli automatic that has a rubber wrist band that has tire marks on it.

I like the artistry that goes into intricate watches, even if they don't keep better time than a cheap Timex.

#260 · (Edited)
Timex - Large and in charge, this Timex 1440 Sports digital watch (model 5H121) features a full-sized, durable silver resin watch case with black top ring and easy-to-access side buttons. The dial features a large, easily readable digital time display, and it has an analog day-of-the-week display and large digital date readout at the top of the dial. Sport timing features include a 24-hour chronograph and 24-hour countdown timer. Other features include a daily alarm, dual time zone display, and water resistance to 50 meters (165 feet). It's completed by a comfortable nylon Fast Wrap strap (with Velcro fastener).

Very expensive - but $15.95 at 20% off. I lied... it is $15.96... :angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.