BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Which OEM wheels do you like?

2K views 47 replies 24 participants last post by  Fuzzypuppy 
#1 ·
OK, I'm a bit new to the wheel thing, so I'm interested to hear what the general consensus is:

Which OEM wheels do you like? Are there any you find simply unbearable?

I got type M67s with my M3, but they are "smoke" or "shadow" variety. I am told people pay extra for this. Is this really true? Personally, I kind of think it just makes them look perpetually dirty.

I like the M68s. Had them with my E36 and I think they look muscular.

#32 ·
KU Ned said:
Style 108 is my favorite.
HOLY CRAP, THOSE THINGS ARE SWEET!! I've never seen those before, will they fit on the 3 series? Are they 17" or 18"?

For 18" Wheels, I really like the M135 that come on the 330i ZHP.
For 17" Wheels, I really like the M68 that come on the 330i SP.

Personally, I can't stand the look of the M73 wheels, I had them on my 2001 330i (non SP) and hated them every time I saw them. Sorry, no offense to all you non SP 330i owners, just me opinion. :)

IMO, do NOT get after market wheels, I really like the look of the stock BMW wheels.

#40 ·
On the car...

And here's the effect on a titanium silver car.

The car has just been washed (and the little spot just forward of the wheel well, believe it or not, is actually a large fly -
I had to shoo him away for subsequent pics). :eek:

Attachments

#41 ·
My all-time favorite BMW wheel; the "Cross Spoke Composite Wheel II: Style 42". The only thing keeping me from a set is the price and the fact that BMW didn't allow you to choose what wheels you wanted when you ordered the car from the factory. :mad:

#42 ·
Andy said:
HOLY CRAP, THOSE THINGS ARE SWEET!! I've never seen those before, will they fit on the 3 series? Are they 17" or 18"?

For 18" Wheels, I really like the M135 that come on the 330i ZHP.
For 17" Wheels, I really like the M68 that come on the 330i SP.

Personally, I can't stand the look of the M73 wheels, I had them on my 2001 330i (non SP) and hated them every time I saw them. Sorry, no offense to all you non SP 330i owners, just me opinion. :)

IMO, do NOT get after market wheels, I really like the look of the stock BMW wheels.
they are 18" and fit the Z4

#45 ·
1st place: 37M

2nd place (tie): 68M and 119

#46 ·
68M & 135M are nice. Hey, but no one here mentioned about the weight of the rims, I've been told that 68M weight around 25lbs, it's a bit high. I read from the other thread that a few pounds less on each rim will make a big different when hard acceleration. So, I suggest to check with the weight before you make the decision.

#48 ·
Well

The latest I've been told is that my wheels are technically called shadow chrome by BMW. Does anyone have any opinion, good or bad, about that wheel trim?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.