BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X1 Loaner Car

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mullini 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Got a brand new X1 2.8 Xdrive loaner car today when I took my E90 330i to the dealer for service. The X1 definitely has a smoother ride compared to a E90 with sports package.
The steering is very similar to E90. In fact the dashboard layout is almost identical.
Power delivery is not as smooth as a inline-6 maybe due to turbo lag/kick in when
pushed hard. The car is not as refined in comparison to a 3 Series. The wind noise is is evident on highway from windshield. However, the car drives well and is a lot of fun. The sticker says 42K which is a little pricy in my opion. Just my 2 cents to share.

:)

#3 ·
Hi Michale,

It is got X-drive with Premium and Xeon light as I remember. It does have the panaromic sunroof, not sure if that is extra too. I just remember the car sticker came out to be like 42K. There is not even wood in there or backup camera or bumper sensor. Pretty pricy in
my opion The car does handle pretty well.

#4 ·
Hard to know what's on that X1 to bump the price to 42K - but my X1, due into port tomorrow, has a MSRP of 40,820 and that is Ultimate (Premium, Tech and Driver pkgs), Lighting and Harmon/Kardon. I want pretty much everything that is in those packages. Preferences differ. There are a ton of what I see as "knickknacks" that can drive up the price - such as heated seats (I am in So Cal), wood trims, Servotronic, BMW Apps, and for me, all Sports packages that would encourage me to drive more aggressively than I need to, and to have a less comfortable ride on a stiffer suspension and bigger wheels. Also, for me, most of those optional interiors for the sports lines are in "bordello" taste range...

I almost bought an X! that only had Premium - leather, pano roof, comfort access entry, etc. That has a MSRP of 36 and change. And I see plenty of X1s in dealer inventory between 33 and 35. Something for everyone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.