BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Spied: next-gen BMW X5

5K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  thisispaul 
#1 ·
Large cars are becoming less popular. And what does BMW? Which allows the X5 to grow. Of course, this also has its reasons, firstly the distance the bigger X3 preserve, but also because it just may, by the latest technology.

The new BMW X5 may have a bit larger than its predecessor, according to our spy photographer who this prototype near BMW's headquarters in Munich captured so he does not have. This information makes us immediately think of a new generation of premium SUVs already risen. For example, we call the Porsche Cayenne and Volkswagen Touareg. Names of both the external dimensions compared to their predecessors, but they know it great to cover up by clever design tricks. Undoubtedly BMW same drawing technique used from the new X5. 7-seater that increase had actually called to the position of the BMW X5 not compromising now the X3 in size quite close to his brother has come to lie. Then, the extra space created within the possible option of two seats on the interior to add. Let 7-seaters are still very popular in the United States, an important market for the X5.

Four-cylinder?
the latest automotive innovations make it possible, even though cars grow, they still lighter, cheaper and cleaner than they used to be. Similarly, the fourth generation BMW X5. Lighter materials are used and more efficient engines and deliver improved performance through refinement. It is expected that the current BMW engine range of the new X5 will be largely unchanged, so it has taken a closer look. Potential newcomer - like BMW dares - the "28i", the four-cylinder turbo engine with 245 horsepower. Realising the potential of the BMW engine does not have to leave. Well, almost certainly the arrival of an ActiveHybrid, if only because there are "hybrid" standing up, is always good as gewetensusser. For when the new BMW X5 exactly on the agenda is uncertain. Sometime in 2013 anyway.

See less See more
#2 ·
Another victim of the EU pedestrian standards. The higher hood line that looks silly on the F30 looks downright dreadful here. And what's with that monstrous grill opening? Are we trying to steal Lincoln customers (all 7 of them)?

The accompanying story takes the cake. Almost like somone used Google Translate to go from German to Farsi to Banto to Mandarin to Ebonics and then finally to English. Yikes!

#14 ·
I can see the hood change a little along with the front nose but not by much really. The art will trick your eyes around the headlights as some of it is covered. The grille cover will not match the actual BMW grille. The sides and back looks like mine but what I don't see is a new model X5 really, at best it is just another touch up. Will see when the cover comes off.

P.S. I hope they throw in the 40d this time.

#20 ·
with fender flares and 20s, it just might look pretty good. with a growing family, it may be my excuse , to the wifey, not to go with the benz GL

#21 ·
I don't know how anyone can evaluate the shape... Looks like all kinds of filler/plastic panels/coverings under the swirl wrap. That front is fully covered. IMO

#22 ·
Agree, this is not very impressive and see lots of the latest X3 in this. Sort of looking more like a station wagon than an SAV. Hopefully, this will look a lot better when in final form. For now, I will be happy with my 2012

#24 ·
Agree, this is not very impressive and see lots of the latest X3 in this. Sort of looking more like a station wagon than an SAV. Hopefully, this will look a lot better when in final form. For now, I will be happy with my 2012
If the X5 isn't merely a jacked up 5 series station wagon, then what is it?

Side note, I see you own both a Cayenne and X5. I'd love to hear some comparisons on both of them. Porsche is bringing a diesel Cayenne to the US market soon and I might jump ship in the future (depending on how the new X5 turns out)

#23 ·
This is what we are driving now. These pictures could be old, lol. :rofl:

#25 ·
To me, it has always looked much more capable than a wagon but the way manufacturers are stretching the length is making that distinction less viable. First the Audi q7 and then the MB And now BMW. I want something that looks more athletic. Current x5 meets that, IMHO. (I will admit the similarities in function to wagons though)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.