BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Best wax / polish to use?

8K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  batmbl 
#1 ·
I have a Titanium silver e46, I think it's that anyway, the lighter silver.

What would be the best polish / wax to use to get a really good shine from it? Like a glass / wet look on the paint work.

On my dads car, black range rover, I used Megs HD wax and it came out really well, a nice deep colour, looked wet, really good mirror finish reflection too, tried it on my bmw and it gave a ok shine but not as good as I'd like really.

Any information on what you lot use?

#2 ·
There's a huge optical difference between darker paints and lighter paints and you saw the difference between dad's black and your silver. It's just the nature of the beast. Darker colors show the shine way better, the lighter colors not so much.
That said, there are a couple of products noted for lighter colors: the Collinite products, 845 and 476. FK1000p. And the obvious - most any sealant like Rejex or Blackfire.

The wife's car is a champagne color, very light and like silver, doesn't show dirt much at all. It gets a sealant a couple of times a year.
So, the good news for you is that you can save a ton of money not buying Souveran or Supernatural and it'll look really nice with a couple of layers of Collinite, FK1000P or a sealant.

#8 ·
^This. I polish my car 1-2X per year. After polishing, I have experimented with different sealants and waxes. Specifically, I have used Meguiar's, Menzerna, Rejex, PoorBoy's, Turtle Wax, and NuFinish. Expensive and cheap. When I do half my hood with a sealant or wax, and do nothing with the other half, it is hard to see any difference optically. I think sealants/waxes might help a car with a swirled finish look better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.