BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Craigslist Finds Thread

Tags
:3
623K views 10K replies 296 participants last post by  ChuckyVee 
#1 ·
i do it, you do it....we all do it. so what's the sense in hiding it?

post you're craigslist finds, we'll discuss and give opinions on the deals. woohooooo:bigpimp:

#6,336 · (Edited)
:rofl:

I ought to put a CL posting up: Free Kudzu vines, you cut and haul away.

For those that don't know, Kudzu is a very (VERY) fast growing vine that was imported from Asia in the 30s to help control erosion. It's taken over a large part of my property, and it's just about un-killable. :mad:

I swear, if that stuff were valuable, I'd be Warren Buffett.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kudzu_on_trees_in_Atlanta,_Georgia.jpg

#6,339 ·
In many cases, cars with plastic noses like that MR2 simply start to deform (i.e. shrink, expand, etc.) from age, which then causes the front hood line to get messed up. In other words, it isn't necessarily an indication that the car has been in an accident. Cool little car, though. That's definitely my favorite body style of the MR2.

#6,355 ·
#6,358 ·
Seriously!? Get a 635 then. The only real difference is power (displacement). I think the later 635Csi's and the M6s got better engine control computers.

#6,363 ·
Picked up the rear sub frame today. Tag on the diff is unreadable. The bushings in the diff and subframe are shockingly serviceable.

Attachments

#6,365 ·
Hey you guys, before I start stripping parts off and listing them in the classifieds is anyone here interested in some Non-M rear brake caliper sans braklines, H&R 4/00 rear springs and adjusters, slotted/drilled rear rotors(i will mic them and repost with specs upon request) and the rear brake pads, easily 85-90% life left. Once i have the old subframe out, it and the 2.93 diff will be up for grabs, karl if you want just the sub frame ill spilt it.

#6,367 ·
it's pitch black out right now and the subframe you're interested in is still currently attached to my car :p

but I will take lotsa detailed photos, and i know which areas you're concerned about because i was looking at the seams on this one and i felt kind of uneasy... especially of what could be on my car right now.

Side note, my friend was telling me she was surprised at how nearly identical our sub frame is to an 04 Z4 they have out back, and they showed me the subframe from it that's sitting on a pallet, and I can't help but wonder if it'll fit... it's seriously almost the exact same.

#6,370 · (Edited)
oh they're clearly different. the carrier on the 04' is tubular steel and the control arms are aluminum. but the dimensions are the same, we measured :eeps:

EDIT just found a thread on E46 fanatics the E46 subframe uses the same trailing arms and the aluminum wishbones will even fit, but the subframe is a no-go. Eh at least i know some stuff now.

#6,371 ·
What do you want for the calipers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.