BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can any one please clear my confusion?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  VMcV3y 
#1 ·
I am planning to purchase M3 via European Delivery program.

I went to bmwconfig.com and I am getting the following price with different options.

After adding all options my MSRP is $65,890
and Invoice $60,805

which price I will be paying when I purchase Invoice or MSRP?

I am not sure about it. :dunno:

Can anyone educate this noob here! :)

M3 config is as follow

Base Vehicle

381 Le Mans Blue Metallic
4MY Carbon Leather interior Trim
NDH3 Beige Novillo Extended Leather
XXWM Double Spoke (Style 219M) Satin Chrome finish M light alloy wheels
(18 x 8.5 front, 18 x 9.5 rear; 245/40 front and 265/40 rear performance tires)

ZPP Premium Package
313 Power folding mirrors
319 Universal Garage Door Opener
322 Comfort Access system
415 Power rear sunshade
459 Power front seats
4NA Digital Compass Mirror
507 Park Distance Control (rear only)
7KB Navigation, BMW Assist w/ enhanced BT & USB
NC Novillo Leather
ZCW Cold Weather Package
464 Ski bag
494 Heated front seats
502 Retractable headlight washers
615 Online Information Services
616 Online Platform

See less See more
#4 ·
Generally speaking you will pay ED Invoice + $1,000.
Thanks guys!

Another questions when I purchase ED, how is my local state tax is treated?

When I place the order is that added or when I get the car delivery I have to do it on my own?

what about registration with DMV?

Sorry if I am asking a lot of questions. I am a total noob as you can see.

Apologies if I am asking questions in incorrect section. Still trying to get my way around the bimmerfest world. :wave:

#8 · (Edited)
There are a number of theads on this topic, but I'll post my numbers here:

The first dealer I went to quoted me the standard MSRP less 7%, full price on options.

For my 535i that priced out on bmwconfig for US pricing at:

base price 54,800
options 6,996
ED price based on these numbers (base less 7% + full price options) = $57,959 (if my math is right!) This does NOT include delivery

bmwconfig for ED gave me an invoice price of $53,383, and 2nd dealer quoted me about $1000 above that price all in including delivery, saving me several thousand dollars from the first offered price.

I'd go into the dealer with the bmwconfig ED pricing and say "I'll pay this plus 1K" and see what they say!

To your other questions, everying except the Munich pickup is done exactly like any other US purchase - negotiate with the dealer who will place the order and give you an order number, put down a small amount when you place the order - my dealer wanted $500 but never actually put through the charge - pay/finance/arrange lease a few days before your trip, including all taxes etc., pick up car, drive, await redelivery to your dealer. That's it!! In terms of registration, that's also done by the dealer when your new baby is redelivered, although I actually paid the fee along with the rest of the payment before the trip. You get temporary German registration paperwork at the Welt - a really intimidating green booklet that I got to keep - and then it will be reregistered in your state when delivered to you.

When you place the order you can lock in the financing/lease deal that's currently available for 2 months, but if something better comes along you can change to the better offer before you make your purchase. And, you can make any changes (including the entire model!) until the vehicle goes into production, which for me was about 2 or 3 weeks before delivery.

#9 ·
There are a number of theads on this topic, but I'll post my numbers here:

The first dealer I went to quoted by the standard MSRP less 7%, full price on options.

For my 535i that priced out on bmwconfig for US pricing at:

base price 54,800
options 6,996
ED price based on these numbers (base less 7% + full price options) = $57,959 (if my math is right!) This does NOT include delivery

bmwconfig for ED gave me an invoice price of $53,383, and 2nd dealer quoted me about $1000 above that price all in including delivery, saving me several thousand dollars from the first offered price.

I'd go into the dealer with the bmwconfig ED pricing and say "I'll pay this plus 1K" and see what they say!

To your other questions, everying except the Munich pickup is done exactly like any other US purchase - negotiate with the dealer who will place the order and give you an order number, put down a small amount when you place the order - my dealer wanted $500 but never actually put through the charge - pay/finance/arrange lease a few days before your trip, including all taxes etc., pick up car, drive, await redelivery to your dealer. That's it!!

When you place the order you can lock in the financing/lease deal that's currently available for 2 months, but if something better comes along you can change to the better offer before you make your purchase. And, you can make any changes (including the entire model!) until the vehicle goes into production, which for me was about 2 or 3 weeks before delivery.
Great info!

So basically I need to find a local dealer (Which I already did, thank you Vern Bimmerfest member suggested me) go with my bmwconfig.com printout and negotiate with them on the dealer fees.

I believe I received incorrect information or perhaps I misunderstood that my travel expense are included in some fees. I believe the travel exp comes around 2k-3k or so. depending on my plans.

Do the dealership try to add some hidden fees in financing? I mean it should be pretty simple but still want to know if anyone ever experienced any surprises on their finance/leasing from local dealer.

Once again thanks for the info

#12 ·
#13 ·
I hope you're using a Bimmerfest "approved" sponsor. I did my ED with a NJ dealership before I found this fabulous website and went through many a headache because they knew less about European Delivery than I did. And they are one of the biggest BMW dealerships in the country!

#14 ·
^ This. It is hassle-free to use these sponsors that absolutely know what they are doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.