BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Backed out of 2011 F10 delivery

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Wingboot 
#1 ·
Well, the F10 550i I ordered comes ashore tomorrow 5/27. But I won't be buying it after all. Dealer wouldn't meet my lease numbers so I'm meeting with another dealer and test driving a F10 tomorrow.
Here's the deal that they offered me and I refused:
$70,475- w/options MFSR of $59.700
Money rate of .0026
Going rate on residual of 54% on 3 yr lease.
Monthly pymt of $1,306.
I have prestine credit so I pretty much told'em to shove it.

Believe or not I got them to come down to the .0026 'cause at first they were talking .0027!
They gave that line about this being one of their 1st sales of the F10 so they won't deal on the numbers. Truthfully, I want the 'M' pckg which won't be available until June so it has worked out for the best.

#3 ·
What do you mean by "M" Package not available until June? What is in the M Package?

#4 ·
I mean the M sport pckg. Body molding, stiffer suspension, leather wrapped steering wheel.

See below for more formal description.

The executive saloon sector is full of cars that will float you up the motorway in eerie silence, encircle you with swathes of leather and astound you with an arsenal of cutting-edge gadgetry. The 5-Series is certainly one of these. When a twisty B-road beckons, however, few of the current executive crop can perform with the agility and sharpness of a Five and none can match the added dynamic dimension that the M Sport trim level brings to the party. It might seem expensive to some, priced around £3,000 more (depending on the model) than an equivalent SE, but the 5-Series M Sport is a substantial package. Buyers can expect M Aerodynamic body styling, M Sports suspension, a high-gloss shadow line, M Sports steering wheel, sports seats, an M gear knob, M Sports door sill kick plates, M interior trim and anthracite headlining. The biggest chunk of that additional cost is accounted for by the M Sports suspension. It's a set-up that's not a million miles away from that found in the 507bhp M5 super saloon and it lowers the car by 15mm. Suspension links and bushes are shared with the M5 and they serve to bolster the car's already well-honed handling. It's claimed that ride comfort doesn't suffer as a result of the M Sport pack's implementation but while this may be the case on good road surfaces, any imperfections in tarmac are definitely transmitted more strongly to the driver in an M Sport compared to an SE.

#6 ·
Well if you read the other threads, the F10 is the best thing since sliced bread. Yes, I am exaggerating.

#7 ·
You made the right decision, I also had an order on an F10 for July ED, but cancelled and decided to wait for M package, hopefully we will be able to get it towards the end of the year in the US.

Thank your dealer for trying to screw you on the lease deal, now you can wait for the M aero pack and get the car you really want.

#8 ·
Is the M-Sport package going to available for ordering some time in June 2010?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.