BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hood open warning & repairs

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ProfessorCook 
#1 ·
I've seen a few people post about the hood open warning light (and of course the associated noise). My light came on intermittently about two weeks ago, finally took it to the dealer today. They want $1000 for repairing it! :mad: Has anyone fixed this themselves? Or had a shop repair this for less? It seems like it should be a $5 part!

2006 325xi, running great since I bought it in late 2005. 67,000 miles, for the most part no problems.

#5 ·
$1000 seems like a too convenient, round number. I'd spend some time figuring out what exactly is happening there.

#7 ·
Picked up my car this morning after "declining" repairs. The work order says "Needs CAS module and hood switch and programming. $1008+tax". I called an independent shop and will take it in there next week. Not sure why the CAS module needs to be replaced. The car starts, the alarm works (so long as the car thinks the hood is closed).

#8 ·
Just an update. Dealer wanted $1000+ to fix it. Small independent shop (AMW foreign car service) in New Haven fixed it for free. The sensor switch wasn't getting compressed enough to trigger it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.