BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Cannot open trunk at all

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  H F 
#1 ·
My 2007 trunk will not open. Fobs - NO, drivers door A pillar button - NO, over license plate button - NO, and fob key in hatch lock - NO. Nothing works to open trunk. I hear a click when I try the fob remote buttons, but trunk does not release.

Any help will be much appreciated. Is there a manual switch anywhere in cabin or rear seat area?

#2 ·
The metal key is a manual switch. Insert the key and turn it more firmly to physically open the lock. This is how it is done when the battery is disconnected and one needs to open the trunk to work on the battery.

#3 ·
When u stick the key into the key hole make sure that the slot is vertical.. when the key slot is horizantal ,,,,it deactivates the key fob button , and trunk button on the kicck paneln , the trunk button also .. when put back to the vertical position it will activate all the open trunk buttons..

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. And, I was afraid the manual key slot might be the only manual way. It was in the vertical position when this began.

It does turn to clockwise to horizontal which I understand now disables the other buttons.
I returned it to vertical and can turn counter-clockwise maybe 15 degrees, say to about 5 oclock position.

I did not put much force on the counter-clockwise turn and the trunk lid did not open.

Is this where I have to put more force into the counter-clockwise turn, but somehow not put too much force into the turn?

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. And, I was afraid the manual key slot might be the only manual way. It was in the vertical position when this began.

It does turn to clockwise to horizontal which I understand now disables the other buttons.
I returned it to vertical and can turn counter-clockwise maybe 15 degrees, say to about 5 oclock position.

I did not put much force on the counter-clockwise turn and the trunk lid did not open.

Is this where I have to put more force into the counter-clockwise turn, but somehow not put too much force into the turn?
turn it counter clockwise,,,, as far as it will go,, with not much force untill it stops.. then the trunk should pop open

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.