BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anyone else on Bellona?

3K views 56 replies 7 participants last post by  vuzur 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have no idea how to track an actual car. I have no idea how to track a Vessel from now on either. My final destination is Salt Lake City.

My dropoff was so soon after the pickup that I am not sure if it actually happened...this wait is painful..

I like your color choice too ;)

#4 ·
Me too

I am also scheduled on Bellona, and I dropped off my car at Harms in Hamburg on 5/9.
I was told that she should be arriving port on June 10th, and with any luck, we should all have our cars by the 20th or so!

Any update on tracking would be great!

#6 ·
I'm on Bellona as well - I dropped my ED car off on May 8 in Munich. The parking lot at Harms was overflowing with cars. My car is heading to Boulder as well!

I looked on Friday and saw it heading out to sea.

335xi - Sapphire Black, Terra, Walnut, premium, Sport, 18" wheels, 6MT, nav, comfort access, PDC

#8 ·
Check out the coral leader thread if you guys want to see what you are in for, waiting is hardest part...

#11 ·
I just checked AIS Live and there is no info on Bellona, however, I also checked the Jacksonville Port website and it shows Bellona scheduled to arrive on 5/28. Will keep checking....

mdm_boulder
:bigpimp:
Is Bellona scheduled to arrive Oxnard on 28 May?

#13 ·
That's what I thought, thank you. Let's hope she arrives on schedule!

#15 ·
Can't Wait

I too left my 335i convertible at Harms - Munich on the 8th of May. The parking lot was completley jammed. And, it was pouring down rain. There was several folks in the office so I'm guessing I probably ran into a few of you.

Once the Bellona gets to Oxnard I have to wait for it to get trucked to Medford, Oregon. My dealer is telling me 10 days after the ship arrives. Let's hope so. I can't wait to get it back in my hands.

335i convertible, Space Gray, Coral Red, Aluminum trim, Sport package, AS, 6-speed manual, Ipod, heating package

#16 ·
Bellona has left Jacksonville

I just checked AIS Live (my subscription runs out on 5/31). The last position reported was just east of Jacksonville (presumably headed for the Panama Canal).

Can someone start figuring out where to get pics of the ship as it transits the canal? I know others have done this, but not sure where to look.

mdm_boulder

#19 ·
Thanks for the Panama Canal Webcam......does anyone have any info on when Bellona will transit? Come on now folks....I can't be the only one who is obsessed?

mdm_boulder:rofl:
Bellona is still not at the Panama Canal approcah. This was the last picture I caught from the other forum:

Falstaff is scheduled to arrive to Port Hueneme the same day as Bellona and can be found here:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=SLCO

This means that Falstaff is close to our "invisible" Bellona, who is probably going to go through Panama Canal within next 24-48 hrs.

The web cam at the Panama is the "Gatun Locks" one for Atlantic approach.

This is all I have for now....
The wait is becoming worse :(

Attachments

#23 ·
Canal Transit has started!!!!!!!

Attention All Bellona Watchers!

The canal transit has started. Here is a screen shot of Bellona's progress. It appears as if she is just completed going through the Gatun Locks. Sorry no webcam photo (must have just missed).

Keep your eyes peeled today for photos of her going through the rest of the Canal!

mdm_boulder

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
More Pics of Bellona

This is a series of pictures showing Bellona as she passes one of the locks (the ship on the left). I am not 100% sure, but I think this is actually the Pedro Miguel Locks (1st of 2 that transitions from Gatun Lake to the Pacific Ocean).

mdm_boulder

Attachments

#27 ·
This is a series of pictures showing Bellona as she passes one of the locks (the ship on the left). I am not 100% sure, but I think this is actually the Pedro Miguel Locks (1st of 2 that transitions from Gatun Lake to the Pacific Ocean).

mdm_boulder
Hey mdm_boulder, I posted same stuff probably minutes before you. Same happened in the e90post...
Thanks for your efforts :thumbup: and please keep us posted with AisLive progress. (my trial with them is never going to happen)

#33 ·
The other abbreviations appear to be additional cargo (not auto I'm assuming)
If Bellona docks tomorrow, do you think it's safe to say that we might have our cars by Friday? That might be wishful thinking, so I'm planning on the week of 6/18.

Please check out this link.....

http://www.portofhueneme.org/documents/200706071645-VESSELSCHED.pdf

It is the Port's vessel arrival schedule.....I don't understand the fine print, but it appears that there are 461 BMW's on board.....

Can anyone explain the details?

mdm_boulder

P.S. The suspense is killing me!

#34 ·
Bellona Offloaded...

All,

Based on information from many other Bellona BMW'ers...it appears that the ship has been off-loaded and the cars are going through the VPC at this very moment. Soon....Soon...Soon we will be driving our new vehicles!

Please post here when your vehicle is picked up at your dealer! Tell us how long from drop-off in Europe and how long from VPC to your garage!

Whoever said "patience was a virtue"?

mdm_boulder
:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.