BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Damn deer only took out the front fascia

5K views 63 replies 10 participants last post by  DinanM3e36 
#1 · (Edited)
Any suggestions on where to get a new front M fascia :( at least I can change the cold air filter easy now ;)
Sucky day
And I blew out the right front tire
Please tell me this is a relatively easy fix

I clipped the deer at 65 and it ripped the front off so no impact on the real bumber thank god I tried to avoid and driver side tire blew out

The clips are still in the metal bumper so it literally tore the plastic fascia off

Been looking on Fleabay and found some pretty good deals but I would rather oem this is the first kinda wreck this car has ever seen ( although I wouldn't call it a wreck) no insurance involved although I did have to have a wrecker bring her home ( $75)

Any help would be appreciated my fellow bimmerfest members

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
How did it ride on the way home? Full front suspension inspection is in order for this one. It would be wise to get your alignment checked too, but honestly I probably wouldnt because I'm a cheap-ass

You can get a new M bumper from DDM tuning for 160 shipped. Decent quality but you'll need to paint it

#4 · (Edited)
I have full suspension kit on it, I'll def have to get it adjusted. Should I bring to stealership or a local?

Glad I finally sold my 68' Newport
Now all that money is going to the M, story of my life

Thanks to Josh I have a spare, maybe I'll put it on and see how it rides, it's just raining now

#7 ·
Thats what is on my old 325i and my current m3.

#8 · (Edited)
^ How much? Where from?

Take it for a spin after making sure nothing is broken/sheared off to see how it drives. This is the cheapest way to see if your alignment is off. You can do it at home, providing you have a few basic tools. If you're set on a professional doing it though, I'd take it to an indie

Edit: Alan, how is the fitment? If its a better deal than DDM I'll go that route...

#9 ·
The first one I got on ebay, the second one was on the car when I bought it. I think I paid about 100 bucks for the one on my 325i...

#16 ·
I love this guy. He takes an iPhone screenshot of a photo on his phone.

I knew a guy who would open MS Word, click the "open" button, then go find a program in C:\Program Files\..., try to open the .exe to launch programs. Gotta love it. :thumbup:

I hit a deer in my old 4D back in VA. It was a tiny one and it only broke the plastic mounts for the driver side headlight, so I was in good shape. In your case I think once you know the suspension is good all you'll need is a bumper. You might find that it won't fit right, though, if you have other mounting areas damaged. The tolerances on this area are annoyingly small. One of the areas I need to fiddle with on mine before Bimmerfest.

#15 ·
This is a super easy repair. Takes about 10-15 minutes to install the bumper, tops. But, it also looks like you have damaged your fender liners (or perhaps that was a pre-existing condition). Many people run without fender liners, but I think they are worth having, and they aren't terribly expensive to replace either.

Otherwise, if you curbed a wheel hard enough to deflate the tire, there's a good chance the wheel itself is bent and your alignment is off. Definitely worth looking into once you get all the bodywork behind you.

#22 · (Edited)
Also the car wouldn't start right after I clipped the deer/curb, is there a collision switch I need to activate or some safety feature I need to reset??

Edit: the cold air filter was buried in the grass/mud but it shouldve still cranked

Battery is dead now from trying to start after the incident... I'm charging it now

Been reading up and and it seems that there's a fuse type connection on the battery but it cuts the starter, my starter is fine, maybe it's a fluke and afte I charge it'll be fine (fingers crossed no CEL)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.