BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New X5 owner

981 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BimmerX5D 
#1 ·
Pulled the trigger the day after Thanksgiving. 09 3.0 w/Prem, cold weather, rear climate, sport, tech and comfort access packages. Unit had 34M on it and looked like new inside and out. I may not have got the best price out of them but received a reasonable amount for the 08 Honda Accord EXL that we traded.

I'm going to look for a set of 18's for the winter tires and try to figure out a way to add satellite radio. Lots of electronics on these which creates a steep learning curve, especially for my spouse who is somewhat challenged in this area. BMW is behind in bluetooth operation and simple things like time change when going thru multiple time zones(we do have Nav.), plus you have to have the truck started to operate the garage door opener. We were surprised on our trip home to receive a call which went to my wife's phone and was not supported by the hands free since I was the one who started the vehicle. The Honda would access which ever phone received the call during the drive.

One glitch on the seven hundred mile drive home, (electric damping control malfunction) which was cleared with the cycling of the key. I'll have to contact BMW about that and find out if this is a common occurance.

I'm sure there will be some common questions coming from me if I can't find the answers that satisfy me using the search function.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.