BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Un answered question (searched)

907 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  HyphE36 
#1 ·
The A and C pillars have CRAAAAAAZY adhesive. I want to re-do tye material in suede but I wonder if I can wrap over the existing material................. It seems way tooooooooooooo intense for a steel wool brush.............

EDIT OMG I SOUND LIKE ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Post fail. Please, make it stop. We don't need any more Andy's.

And theoretically, sure, you could just cover over it. It would be better to full remove it, though.

#4 ·
Was this practice for us to say search? :p

You need to apply some heat along with your professional butterknife. A hairdryer will work perfectly fine. Heat up the stuff, then pull the fabric off, then heat again and scrape.

#6 ·
haha, I can't believe my I was able to type that last night... my head really hurts ><

The Headliner has been covered many times, not sure about A and C pillar material removal... it is very different from the headliner...

Ow...

#8 ·
Yeah... I was wondering about that... I already started fvGking with one, so I think I am just going to try and figure out how to get the rest of them to bare plastic...

Is it hella plush and soft feeling wrapped over the old stuff, I think that would be cool haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.