BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E90 Press Kit

6K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  CarrFred 
#1 ·
#5 ·
M3-style front air dam and rear spoiler.
The BMW M3 is the epitome of the sports saloon. Which means it is no surprise that many a driver of a 3 Series would like to give his car the same look. So BMW's wide range of Original Parts and Accessories offers ideal options for precisely this purpose, such as an add-on element for the front air dam and the rear spoiler. The front element is made of carbon, an ultra-light racing material. Optimised by BMW's engineers in the wind tunnel, this special feature is finished in clear paint to visually highlight the special look of carbon-fibre. The rear spoiler finished in body colour fits on to the bootlid of the car, providing exactly the right counterpart to the front air dam.
At least they admit that sometimes a specific styling theme is worth keeping unchanged... I would like to see how this "carbon add on element" for the front air dam looks like. :D

#11 · (Edited)
Using Mozilla, Firefox, or Safari, among other browsers, should take care of the pop-ups. [Postscript: saving the printable version with Mozilla eliminates all the ads. :thumbup:]

Alex, thanks for posting the link! I am happily working through the English press release (guessing that might be the original language) before reading the German one. I must say BMW's press releases have changed a bit since the engineers were in charge. I am looking forward to an "entirely new experience in space" and will be disappointed if the E90 doesn't make me a 3 series "addict", even if I already am! :)

#14 ·
Impressive :yikes:

Lapping the Northern Circuit in 8:49 minutes, the 3 Series is a substantial 9 seconds faster than its predecessor, which as such was everything but slow. This is a huge improvement in motorsport terms and clear proof of the enormous progress made by BMW’s engineers concentrating on the chassis and suspension of their youngest “baby”.

#15 ·
MARCUS545 said:
I had my rental car vandalized in Valencia.....the bast#@$rds took everything that I wasn't wearing or in my pockets...including 8 rolls of film from 10 days in Spain. I hope they watch where they park these E90s.
I'm sorry to hear that :thumbdwn: yes, we have that problem here (like all towns/cities, I guess)

I hope you like Valencia despìte what happened

#17 ·
tron1043 said:
Any chance of you getting some pics of the E90 driving around town?
The problem is that I'm working when the cars are on the streets, or I'd rather say on the roads, I think one of the reasons they chose that place is because is located very close to one of the main highways that lead you out of the city. Every day I see quite a few BMWs with German plates in downtown, but none of them are E90 :tsk:

Anyway I'll do my best ;)

#20 ·
The first picture looks pretty decent. Looks better in darker colors., IMO. In the second picture the grille reminds me of the Lincoln LS. I'm not a fan of the new grill and I love the older, more driver centric interiors -- but I think this is going to be a nice car.

Thanks for the info Alex.

#21 ·
ff said:
"ACC Active Cruise Control: the sheer pleasure of being driven. "

HUH? How would active cruise control do anything to enhance the driving experience? Does it create more "road feel"? Does it improve acceleration or handling? I'm thinking not... I'm thinking that it gives the driver one more reason or excuse to pay less attention to driving. "Cruise control on, approaching another car from the rear? No problem, my car will handle the situation for me. I just continue talking on the cell phone while eating a Big Mac."

My signature image pretty much says it all.
"ACC Active Cruise Control: the sheer pleasure of being driven. "

#23 ·
ff said:
I read it too quickly. But "the sheer pleasure of being driven" is even worse. If someone wanted to be driven, wouldn't they just take the bus? I don't understand BMW's direction...
There are lots of people who like cruise control. I prefer not to use it myself, but on long road trips I can understand the thinking. Besides, on mind-numbing trips, it's not like you can really enjoy the drive THAT much. There are only so many curves that you can enjoy on I-95...

#25 ·
Black Line tail lights

In the accessories section there is a description of the option dark tail lights.

"Not only does the new BMW 3 Series offer striking night-time design - there is also the additional Black Line design option for the tail lights distinguishing the car clearly from its "regular" brothers. On these very sporting rear lights, the direction indicators and reversing lights are finished in grey, the brake and tail lights come in a darker red than usual."

Does anyone one happen to have a picture of those lights?

In my view the tail light is the weakest part of the design of the E90 perhaps this option makes the car look completely great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.