BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Question about the professional SATNAV

668 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  galtone 
#1 ·
HI all,

I have just bought a 2009 X5. 'Great car!!

But I am having trouble with two functions on the Professional Satnav system (keep in mind that in 2009 the X5 still had the older system, even though all other models got the new system in 2009).

1) I've seen photos of the system in use in which one side of the screen would display the map in one scale...say 5 miles, with the other side displaying a more local map, say 900 yards. 'Quite a useful function. But I can't work out how to get this to happen.

When I put a map on both sides, as opposed to an arrow display on one side and a map on the other, they both show the same scale, and when I change one side, the other changes along with it.....so I end up with the same image on both sides, which isn't of much use.

Does anyone know how I can get different scaled maps on the two sides?

Also, when I push the voice command button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. No sound, beep, etc. Zilch. All I can think of is either this is broken, or there is an option somewhere to disable it that has been set at disable......though I can't find any such option.

'Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.