BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#35,325 · (Edited)
WTF is up with roundels anyways.. when I purchased my car the hood, trunk and wheels were all red to match. VERY nice touch IMO. In the past year though, the hood is fading and turning ugly. What do you guys suggest? Paint it, or are there good quality ones to purchase in quantities of 1 or 2 in red?

#35,327 ·
The aftermarket Roundels on your car must lack any sort of UV protection. I'd just get replacements and make sure they are UV protected, or buy some sort of anti-UV film.
Thats what I was thinking considering the angle of it and all the others. Where would you go about getting red ones though? Paint like I have seen, or is there a good source with them done already?

#35,335 ·
Your own paint job?
Yes I have done paint and detailing in the past. I have the compressor, guns, hoses, filters and home paint booth. NEVER had contaminants in my paint, just cant afford the paint, flexing agent, clear etc etc right now. I need to redo my bumper as the PO didnt do whats necessary to make the paint adhere and its flaking off the bottom now :mad:

#35,338 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.