BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#35,421 ·
yeah. i think this show is gonna be okay. they got their own theme music now, and you can tell they're much more comfortable around each other
OK, I decided to watch it start to finish (if I can stay awake).

So far they've decided a 325e is a girl's car (WHAT????)

#35,426 ·
#35,427 ·
:rofl: Ed

#35,428 ·
I was actually concerned on that one. Has anyone heard from Karl since that post? He lives in Seattle, and was going to a show on Saturday...

#35,429 ·
That was a lowrider show. Karl was going to a BMW show. I think hes okay

#35,430 ·
THe news articles didn't say much they did mention lowriders, however, I know exactly 1 reporter that knows cars, and then mainly Mercs.

#35,432 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Yes, I'm fine, and it was a different show. I went to the BMW Concours d'Elegance in Renton, and the shooting took place at a lowrider show at a strip mall in Kent. My girlfriend (who wasn't with me) was kind of worried when she heard the news, too, since she wasn't totally sure which car show the news was referring to, either. Anyway, the lowrider show shooting = stupid people being stupid. They think it's gang related, and was set off by an argument over a paint job...

fck my wheels got stolen.....my car is sitting on a rock now...
For real? Damn, that's awful. Did you have the OEM wheel locks on?

#35,440 ·
Just went and got my bent Style 68 straightened. It was $100 including mounting the tire and balancing. I would have paid $20 for the tire to get mounted anyway, so I actually didn't lose any money from that idiot sending me a bent wheel.

Also, while I was waiting for the wheel to get straightened, I took a look at this E30 for sale in the area. The guy has owned over 50 E30s, and has parts piling up all over his baement, garage, yard, etc. I've never seen anything like it.

The car is a 87 325i in Delphin with 275k. The body is in pretty rough shape. The hood, roof, trunk have faded paint with peeling clearcoat and there is a decent amount of rust around the car. It needs a muffler, too. The inside is ok except for the two front seats have rips in them. However, it's a 5spd, the engine runs well, the timing belt was done within the last 1k, and the clutch seems to be good as well. He wanted $800, but he said he would take $500 + my old car for scrap metal.

I'm thinking of taking the car and using it as a beater for the winter, I'm not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.