BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#55,343 ·
lol, still the bimmer, I've been working 6+ days per week since December and just haven't had time to get the truck running. It still isn't making a spark and the only part of the ignition system that's not brand new is the igniter, which costs $350 new, and as you can imagine I'm not in an enormous hurry to spend that kind of money on a $500 truck.

At this point I'm seriously considering a ti or E30 318 so that when I finish the stroker in the middle of ridiculous gas prices I can still afford to drive.

#55,345 ·
I saw that movie pop up, it looked kinda corny but maybe I'll check it out.

I'm shopping for receivers, any got some suggestions. I have an alpine flip out thing right now. It's kinda old and doesn't have all the features I want, plus I think the flip out screen is stupid and high school looking.

#55,346 ·
SlimKim: From what I understood from your post, it should work if they're both connected to the same switch (same pole on that switch).

Jorge: Damn, that is messed up. Glad you're OK. If you have the coin, now is a good time to upgrade stuff while you're in there.

Corey: Holy cow. That Z8 is well over 100k I bet.
Yeah, since im gonna drop the subframe tomorrow, I might as well replace all the bushings, and get me some Adjustable rear lower arms.

#55,347 ·
I saw that movie pop up, it looked kinda corny but maybe I'll check it out.

I'm shopping for receivers, any got some suggestions. I have an alpine flip out thing right now. It's kinda old and doesn't have all the features I want, plus I think the flip out screen is stupid and high school looking.
What are you looking to sell the Alpine for? I might want it for the Disco.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#55,348 ·
Exactly one half of one of my LED angel eyes decided to go out on my way to work this morning. I haven't had time to poke around in there, think it could be a loose wire or does the ring need to be replaced? :(

#55,349 ·
Exactly one half of one of my LED angel eyes decided to go out on my way to work this morning. I haven't had time to poke around in there, think it could be a loose wire or does the ring need to be replaced? :(
:rofl: I could only imagine how that looked. I would think the ring would need replacing; unless all the LED bulbs are hooked up in parallel eater than series. The only way to tell is to crack open the case and look. However I wouldn't think it's a loose connection/bad ground simply because only half of the ring stopped working

#55,350 ·
:rofl: I could only imagine how that looked. I would think the ring would need replacing; unless all the LED bulbs are hooked up in parallel eater than series. The only way to tell is to crack open the case and look. However I wouldn't think it's a loose connection/bad ground simply because only half of the ring stopped working
I did a little googling and some of the rings have only two wires leading into them and a solder connection at the bottom to light up the second half. My rings have 4 wires going into each one, a power and ground for each side.

I'm thinking that somewhere in the little board for each side, or in the wiring of that ring a connection is broken. I guess I'm just going to have to get in there and mess around with it. :rolleyes:

#55,357 ·
Karl your def. right...the benz are too big (most of them) and from what I heard not handle very well at all.
My pass side angel eyes got a loose conection somewhere and dont work but I dont feel like messing with them so I just unplugged the driver side lol...hate taking them apart.

#55,358 ·
True, Mercedes are tuned for Autobahnen, not the Ring. Put the hammer down and AMGs are like rocket ships, they just have to slow down for the corners.

New dilemma is high mileage auto E46 328Ci vs lower mileage 5 spd B5 A4 1.8t Quattro.

#55,360 ·
True, Mercedes are tuned for Autobahnen, not the Ring. Put the hammer down and AMGs are like rocket ships, they just have to slow down for the corners.

New dilemma is high mileage auto E46 328Ci vs lower mileage 5 spd B5 A4 1.8t Quattro.

I'd thought we had already had this conversation there Franklyn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.