BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How good does E92 look after so many years?

6K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  Chop362 
#1 ·
Right now, for the 6th day in a row, I'm sitting at Delray Beach Starbucks on the sidewalk. Up to now, in those 30 morning minutes, I have seen more money rolling next to me than anywhere else I've been as a tourist in US. Ferraris, Astons, new F-type, Porsches are truly dime a dozen and BMW is akin to Yugo in my old country - not many 7s though.

So, I'm sitting here reading Bimmerfest on my phone without my glasses. I'm near-sighted and the correction lenses make it hard to read close (because I'm getting old as well).

So I look past the light and something black and sleek is rolling towards it. The light is green. A moment later I figure it is a BMW but have no clue (no glasses) what I'm looking at. All I know is it looks good - low and sleek, like someone tried to spread it on the road.

Five seconds later it crosses the intersection and gets to 15 feet from where I'm sitting. It's an E92. From a very quick glance, it seemed completely stock. Still looking like a million dollars after all these years.

:D

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

See less See more
#2 ·
Right now, for the 6th day in a row, I'm sitting at Delray Beach Starbucks on the sidewalk. Up to now, in those 30 morning minutes, I have seen more money rolling next to me than anywhere else I've been as a tourist in US. Ferraris, Astons, new F-type, Porsches are truly dime a dozen and BMW is akin to Yugo in my old country - not many 7s though.

So, I'm sitting here reading Bimmerfest on my phone without my glasses. I'm near-sighted and the correction lenses make it hard to read close (because I'm getting old as well).

So I look past the light and something black and sleek is rolling towards it. The light is green. A moment later I figure it is a BMW but have no clue (no glasses) what I'm looking at. All I know is it looks good - low and sleek, like someone tried to spread it on the road.

Five seconds later it crosses the intersection and gets to 15 feet from where I'm sitting. It's an E92. From a very quick glance, it seemed completely stock. Still looking like a million dollars after all these years.

:D

E9x is a timeless design IMHO, so was the e46.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Yes they do. And having been to that Starbucks you're at right many times now I know the parade of cars that are going past you, and yes there's still something about the E92 that stands out as being simple, elegant, and unassuming... Especially amongst some other cars that seem to be trying too hard.

#5 ·
Oh we are more than fine in the looks department (E90s and E92s).

I have to endure another F30 loaner and just did another visual side-by-side comparison of our E90 and the F30. Needless to say I walked away happy with what I have. It's a good thing not to lust for the newer model, quite the money saver! :)

#7 · (Edited)
F30's hood line, headlights, and over styled front bumper need correcting, before I would even consider it visually pleasing.
EPS is the single biggest reason why I'll NEVER own one. The splashy suspension and 4 cylinder engine can technically be cured by getting the 335 and spending money correcting the suspension.....

#10 ·
BMW makes such subtle changes over the years that a 20 year old BMW looks just as good as a brand new one. I love how they always keep their family lines intact, even when they restyle them. And the E92 is one of the most beautiful cars that BMW has ever produced, which is why I hunted one down when I had the opportunity. E46 M3 is also gorgeous, as is the M6. :)

#12 ·
Man, what's with you guys here? It's easier to find a Bentley dealership than Starbucks! :)

However, if you are into car po*rn, this place is it. I've been to Newport Beach twice for Christmas holiday, to Miami Beach once, to Manhattan umpteen times, but nothing is close to this. The only thing to contest is that Miami Beach had more Lamborghinis while this place compensates with Ferraris :)

It's so bad that I forgot about 5-6 Bentleys we saw and didn't mention them in my OP ...
... And there's 15 Starbucks in Boca Raton. We don't play punch bug. We play punch car over $100k. Rules are that the car has to be a current body style, have a starting base price of over $100k and still be purchasable in a dealership. It's fun.

E46 M3 in Laguna Seca blue is right up there as one of my most coveted "old" cars. Those things are instant classics.

#28 ·
Yes a good one .... the '36 refresh was a keeper too!

Thanks for reminding of the upcoming Jan 6 appearance in Pasedena :thumbup:

Attachments

#42 ·
And a beautiful BMW 507

#47 ·
Here is another picture of the 507. It had a rare factory hard top and sold for $1,650,000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.