BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F12 Just debadged..

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  wlin2001 
#1 ·
Personally I think it looks a lot cleaner.. less busy. Thoughts?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for your response! It's Space Gray. Also did LED/SMD interiors a while back (don't understand why BMW does full exterior LEDs but not the interiors):

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks :)

#6 ·
I debadged my 650i as well so I'm sure you know what my feedback will be :). I do get a lot of people asking me what model it is though lol. My answer is always followed by a compliment in reply

I wanted to do the LED interior but I heard that it shows every imperfection/scuff/scratch/etc. Is that true?

Also, I would love to add LED reverse lights but I heard that it will throw codes.

#16 ·
The LED interior does not show imperfection/scuff/scratches.. on the contrary, it makes them less obvious IMO. In terms of reverse lights, just make sure you get the canbus (error-free) LEDs then you would be fine.

Very nice. I may do it as well.

Looks super clean.
Looks nice.I really miss my Space Grey it is a real nice clean color.
Thanks for the compliments!

Looks great- I did the same thing, it makes the rear clean and symmetrical...
I agree.. the new F12 has a very narrow trunk area which makes the badge a lot more prominent.

I wanted to order mine debadged, I was surprised it wasn't possible. Is there more to this than just pulling off the numbers and removing the adhesive? I guess I could just ask the dealer to do it when the car arrives.
I just used a heater to heat up the badges first, poured a little 3M adhesive remover over the logos, then used dental floss to slowly remove them. Not too hard; just takes some time and patience.

#8 ·
Looks nice.I really miss my Space Grey it is a real nice clean color.

#14 ·
Nothing more than heating up the adhesive with a blow dryer or heat gun and working some dental floss behind it. It should take no longer than five minutes. When I did mine, there wasn't even any adhesive residue left on the trunk lid and I did it four months after I got the car.

The heat gun or blow dryer isnt necessary but it will be a lot easier to get off and leave no residue.

#12 ·
I do respect all the opinions from the group but not really following the debadging concept.

A badge has little or nothing to do with the design concept and really can not add or deter from the lines.

So why does debadging really make a difference or clean things up? :dunno:

#15 ·
Love Space Gray!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.