BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Post a picture of your diesel powered BMW!

248K views 541 replies 255 participants last post by  WMark60 
#1 ·
I think it's time for one of these threads! Lets try for some exterior and interior shots! :thumbup:

#2 ·
Reactions: 33bandit
#3 ·
Hmm - link to a thread of pics of YOUR car? Why not a more neutral thread? Or do you want everyone to comment on yours again?

To the OP - any pics of yours?

#4 ·
Because it's silly to post the same pics twice in the same forum, that's why. I'm not the one that thought it was a good idea to make a sticky for car pics when there are already threads containing them. WTF do I care if people comment on my car? If they want to, they can. If not, they can look at the 40 or so pics I posted (rather than doing it again here), and enjoy them.

And yes, since this thread is posting pics about each owner's diesel car, it *is* pics to my car...since that's what the thread requests.

Now, provide something constructive to the thread, like pics of your car, like the OP asked, instead of harassing me. ;)

#255 ·
Tint and clear coat protection

Hi, I have a white 2011 335d. I'm considering getting tinted windows. What brand did you put on, and how has it worked for you?

I'm also considering getting paint protection. What did you use & why? What others did you consider, and why did you decide against them?

Thanks so much!

bill

#6 ·
Nice! Thanks for sharing, lalitkanteti (man, that's a mouthful...had to look at it like 8 times to make sure I spelled it right).

#9 ·
Cool.

Here's mine - you don't get them in the US!

#238 · (Edited)
Cool.

Here's mine - you don't get them in the US!

I wish we had that lovely 335d Estate / Touring / Sportwagon -- whatever you want to call it, here in the States. Apparently, we need something much more imposing. Ugh.

In addition to my 335d Sedan / Saloon, I have a VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (aka VW Golf Estate) -- which I find economical, fun and useful. I'd consider replacing the VW with a BMW 335d wagon if it were an option. We can't even get a Passat Estate here. Grrr.

Here's my 335d.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Pictures right off the delivery truck. I had to wait over a weekend to take delivery.

Attachments

#19 ·
Some pics of my '10 335d

Got it in April to take advantage of the eco credit.

I had some time yesterday to be a little creative with my camera, looking at different effects with a tele and super WA.

let me know what you think.

Attachments

#292 ·
Got it in April to take advantage of the eco credit.

I had some time yesterday to be a little creative with my camera, looking at different effects with a tele and super WA.

let me know what you think.
Great photography skills. We know the car model looks great. Your photographs can't be duplicated. The photo is outstanding art.

It is like you made a painting of a painting. Art (your photo) of art (your BMW)

#22 · (Edited)
I finally took some photos, which meant I had to make sure the car was cleaned up. :doh:

I'll just post one pic for now, but it is probably the best one - plus it shows a good view the DEF filler port!

Everyone seems to have a hard time figuring out what color it is... can you tell? The color changes so much that it is like a different car every time I see it.

Attachments

#23 ·
I finally took some photos, which meant I had to make sure the car was cleaned up. :doh:

I'll just post one pic for now, but it is probably the best one - plus it shows a good view the DEF filler port!

Everyone seems to have a hard time figuring out what color it is... can you tell? The color changes so much that it is like a different car every time I see it.
Is that Alcatraz in the background?

I'm guessing it is light grey?

#25 ·
Resolution is not that great, is it the Jermiah Obrien?:dunno:

OK, so it is not light gray. I'm gonna go with some sort of blue, but not Monaco.

#39 ·
PIX of my 2011 x5 35d

Not much a story. I've been lurking here in the diesel section since last fall. Learned alot, and y'all helped dispel some of my initial conerns about buying a current diesel. I had a 1999 VW TDI, but that was pretty low tech compared to modern power plants.

I'd been thinking about a 335d for myself, but would up with this X5 35d for my wife instead.

I started looking for a very basic, low-spec 35d, was thinking about ordering one, then I found this one in a local dealer's inventory.

I don't know all the codes, but it is Titanium Silver with Black Nevada leather. It has the sport activity package, 20" rims, running boards, roof rails and (as I like to say) front seated heats. I was told that it was ordered for a customer whose financing fell apart between order and delivery.

#40 ·
Not much a story. I've been lurking here in the diesel section since last fall. Learned alot, and y'all helped dispel some of my initial conerns about buying a current diesel. I had a 1999 VW TDI, but that was pretty low tech compared to modern power plants.

I'd been thinking about a 335d for myself, but would up with this X5 35d for my wife instead.

I started looking for a very basic, low-spec 35d, was thinking about ordering one, then I found this one in a local dealer's inventory.

I don't know all the codes, but it is Titanium Silver with Black Nevada leather. It has the sport activity package, 20" rims, running boards, roof rails and (as I like to say) front seated heats. I was told that it was ordered for a customer whose financing fell apart between order and delivery.

Display Name, great looking set of wheels. Try updating your profile, etc..., get yourself a name, Welcome onboard!:thumbup:

#41 ·
Pictures of New BMW 335D

As promised, here are pictures of my new BMW 335D, nicknamed "Tas".

Attachments

#46 ·
I picked up a friend from the hospital today - as I was waiting in the crowded parking area a woman approached me. I thought for sure she was going to ask me to move out of her way :D but she instead said "Is your car grey or green?" I didn't expect that!

She then wanted to know the specific name of the color; when I told her Tasman Green is a relatively new color she said it was stunning.

That really made my day (that... and seeing my friend being discharged from the hospital). :thumbup:

#47 ·
335d joining in the FUN

Hey guys-got pics!

Finally got a chance to take some recent pics since returning from the Euro Trip, too many of those pics were focused on the action there rather than the car. The one in my sig was taken near the top of Jaufen Pass which was my favorite, I've included one taken at the Monaco GP start finish line and one from San Bernadino Pass. Since returning I've added a few embelishments to Abby and I still can't believe how great this car is, nice to see that there is quite a group of us in the DC-Balt metro area!

Attachments