BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pulled Over 7 Times + 4 Fines This Year...

4K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  sexy_roman21 
#1 ·
...My bad luck seems to never end.

So far this year, ive picked up 2 parking tickets, 1 speeding, 1 defect fine & today, and sly ass cop got me for turning right in peak hours!

Fines total $700+.

Does anyone else get pulled for just driving a BMW? Because they think we have a nice car, they tink we are made of money or something?

...I got done for driving through McDonalds drive through the other week.

I got pulled twice in 2 days for doing nothing wrong at all.

Jesus - I have no money! lol! - Maybe I should stop breaking the law...

I made a little joke at the end - I told him Im paying his wage. Didn't go down to well.

What really p*ssed me off though, at least 7 cars made a right turn, just after me, but he didnt pull them over, he saw it all too!

...It was absolutely pitch black down the street I was turning, and i just saw red and blue lights start flashing about 100m away. I spun the car around in the middle of the road and tried to make a bolt for it in the opposite direction. He gave me a warning about that too!

He also gave me a warning for having my foggies on. He said he could give me a fine for that too, but I think he was at the end of his shift!!

See less See more
#2 ·
oh man what a killer,,,what neck of the woods were you in??

i havent been defected...but i dont have too much to defect....the tints yes thats about it i think...

been speed fine free too lately...getting old...

i have been nailed on parking fines though.... the other day...

went to pick up somethign from the shops had to park in a loading zone in the city for litterally 4minutes....cost...$170....was half in loading zone half in taxi zone...pretty sure i got done on the most expensive one whatever that is...

i hate parking cops...i was on my way to work not long ago and stole all those yellow envelopes they carry out of one blokes back pocket...just snatched all of them and ran,, he was never gonna catch me....f*ck it felt good!!!...i can imagine his dopey fat a55 going back to base and having to explain he needed more envelopes for his fines because someone stole them...

and another thing why are parking cops so fat if they spend all day walking????????????:dunno:

#3 ·
Haha! I got back to my car 3 mins after my ticket expired, only to find a $81 parking fine slapped on my windscreen! The other time I got a $172 fine for parking within 10m of an intersection. There weren't any no stopping/parking signs. I challenged it, but lost!

I would like to keep adding little additions to my car, but these fines are taking over my car budget!

#12 ·
same here. never pulled over. ill be speeding, driving wreckless, gettin sideways doing whatever. on top of that i dont have a brakelight and havent updated my registration expired jan 09. ive even been tailed by cops about 8 times now (no exaggeration) and they havent even done anything. seems like the leave me alone or something..

#6 ·
...My bad luck seems to never end.

So far this year, ive picked up 2 parking tickets, 1 speeding, 1 defect fine & today, and sly ass cop got me for turning right in peak hours!

Fines total $700+.

Does anyone else get pulled for just driving a BMW? Because they think we have a nice car, they tink we are made of money or something?

...I got done for driving through McDonalds drive through the other week.

I got pulled twice in 2 days for doing nothing wrong at all.

Jesus - I have no money! lol! - Maybe I should stop breaking the law...

I made a little joke at the end - I told him Im paying his wage. Didn't go down to well.

What really p*ssed me off though, at least 7 cars made a right turn, just after me, but he didnt pull them over, he saw it all too!

...It was absolutely pitch black down the street I was turning, and i just saw red and blue lights start flashing about 100m away. I spun the car around in the middle of the road and tried to make a bolt for it in the opposite direction. He gave me a warning about that too!

He also gave me a warning for having my foggies on. He said he could give me a fine for that too, but I think he was at the end of his shift!!
The 'Arrest Me Red' paint job isn't helping your attempt to blend in.

#7 · (Edited)
Craig, what's your point? I hate to be hard-nosed about this but were you breaking the law in any of these instances? Perhaps even the "for nothing" occurances, too? Be honest. You were doing something wrong, and they busted you for it. Doesn't matter how many other people got away with it (he was busy stopping you to write YOUR ticket while he saw the others do what you did), you are the one that got nailed. You spun the car around and tried to run one of those times, and all you got was WARNED for that? Lucky you didn't get the braclets and greybar hotel!

Next time you are tempted to do something that could result in yet another ticket, think what you could have done with that $700+. If that's not deterrent enough, you deserve the fine.

NEVER cop and attitude with a cop. That's an absolute, 100% guaranteed way to make sure you get a ticket for everything they can write you up for. It's an open invitation: "Mr. Policeman, I think you're stupid, too stupid to ticket me and make it stick in court! Go ahead, TRY!"

#24 ·
I'm pushin twenty one and never got a ticket. I never drive under sixty five an sometimes pull my car up to triple digits even on the expressway. You gotta be smart about it, know where your driving and know where they can sit.

Are you a cop? your kind of a downer lol

And in new york if you know a cop you can get a little sticker to put in your window over your registration then they will go back to the car and call the cop you know and then usually let you go or give you a "fix it" ticket. I havent used it but my dad has a whole bunch of times

#8 ·
My last fine and license points were on December last year, had just left home on my way to work, I had just turned around the corner stopped at the red traffict light, I thought to my self, I better turn my cellphone on just in case someone from work called as i was running late, i put my hand on my pocket, take the phone out and whilst am pressing the ON button i looked to my left just to see a police ban with the driver staring at me!!! he pulled me over, i explained the whole situation of me just swithching the phone on and that i had just left home which was just around the corner, I was trying to make him realised that i wasnt on the phone or distracted on the phone, 1st it was a red light and 2nd it only took me 3 seconds to turn it on. He admited that He didnt see me using the phone but just the fact that i was holding the phone was enought for him to give a ticket and what was worst 3 POINTS On my license which have put my insurance even higher!!! I was sooo p.off!! learnt my lesson the hard way, now day if i dont have my handsfree or bluetooth on i dont even get near my phone!!

#11 ·
Go research who Alex Roy is Craig. Thats all i have to say..

Look up his gear.

#10 ·
#15 ·
wat are police tags?

#16 ·
They have 4 numbers on them, and can be recieved by anyone amongst a police officers family. My dad is a baltimore county swat team sergeant...so they will keep me out of trouble :D

EDIT: look at my sig

#17 ·
NEVER cop and attitude with a cop. That's an absolute, 100% guaranteed way to make sure you get a ticket for everything they can write you up for. It's an open invitation: "Mr. Policeman, I think you're stupid, too stupid to ticket me and make it stick in court! Go ahead, TRY!"[/QUOTE]

I have been pulled over my share of times...but that was when I was younger and more ignorant....lol. I would disagree with the "Never" but I would only change it to "Unless you are 100% right and can prove it AND 'you're feeling lucky'" :rofl:

One time I was pulled over was at night by my wrestling coach who kept the flashlight in my face the whole time he put me through a bunch of crap, then busted out laughing and sent me on my way with the promise of push-ups next practice. The other one of note was when I was stopped for running a supposed stop sign on the street where I was born and raised....I told the cop it was a yield not a stop, he argued, I told him to look and he did... He then came back and said "well if I have to hit my brakes when going 40 to avoid hitting you" I stopped and asked "40?" and he said "yes, its 35 here" I kindly stated that it was a 25 zone and always has been. With that he told me that we would use this as a learing opportunity for me. :rofl: So in that instance I am glad I didn't let him push the badge all over me (but I also didn't give attitude, I was respectful) :thumbup:

#18 ·
Andy, a variant of "police tags" in CA would be the 11-99 Foundation. For a VERY steep price you'll get an official membership card, I think something added to your driver's license card, and a license plate frame. Usually when they see your driver's license and know it's legit and not an eBay knockoff plate frame, they'll let you go with a warning. But we're talking $5,000+ donation I think.

Also, Alex Roy's "gear" includes a team of 2 spotters. Hire them to go everywhere with you and I'm sure you'll do fine. Alex Roy trying to look through binoculars at 140 MPH wouldn't work out to well - and it won't work for anyone on this board, either. :lmao:

Mike, wish I had your luck. I'm the opposite :(.

#39 ·
Andy, a variant of "police tags" in CA would be the 11-99 Foundation. For a VERY steep price you'll get an official membership card, I think something added to your driver's license card, and a license plate frame. Usually when they see your driver's license and know it's legit and not an eBay knockoff plate frame, they'll let you go with a warning. But we're talking $5,000+ donation I think.

Also, Alex Roy's "gear" includes a team of 2 spotters. Hire them to go everywhere with you and I'm sure you'll do fine. Alex Roy trying to look through binoculars at 140 MPH wouldn't work out to well - and it won't work for anyone on this board, either. :lmao:

Mike, wish I had your luck. I'm the opposite :(.
The 11-99 foundation is BS. I know that there are cops in CA who will pull you over for a traffic violation, give you a ticket, and not give two ****s about the 11-99 license plate frame. 11-99 is a CHP organization and does not work when it comes to the local police or the sheriffs. Try using your 11-99 membership in Arizona and you may get shot.

#19 ·
You guys that are bragging about never being pulled over need to watch yourselves. I'd been boasting about my year long no ticket period and got pulled over the next day... Seriously. Don't push your luck. Especially if you're like me and do stuff daily that should get you ticketed.

I also blame my radar detector sh*tting out on me for being pulled over... But still.....

#35 ·
I was looking at getting a radar scanner, but I read up on them and they are actually illegal in Australia, apart from Western Australia! It Illegal to buy, own & operate them in the state of NSW.

...It seems like you have to drive a crap/standard car to not get harrassed around here!!

#36 ·
That's kinda how it is anywhere. If you stick out, they follow you and pull you over instead of Joe Blow Sedan, even if you're doing the exact same thing. I've been pulled over and had my car searched so many times it's unreal, just because it stands out and I "look" too young to afford a nice car, is my guess. Cause everyone knows, if young people have nice cars, they MUST be selling drugs. :rolleyes: Bastards.

#37 ·
Haha!

+1

Totally agree. Even people at work thought I took a loan out to buy my car. They don't do car searching over here... Or ive never really seen it!!

...The whole drug thing though, probably doesn't help with my appearance!

I bet you are a drug dealer, Amber! x

#40 ·
I would put forward the opposite. I've had mine auto now for nearly three years, and I think I get away with all sorts of things I wouldn't have in my old Madaz.

In all that time I have been pulled over only once:
I zig-zag overtook at 129km/h in a 100 zone, seven annoyingly slow cars all doing 90km/h, staggered evenly in two lanes on a country highway.

Beautiful manoeuvre, but I can't say I blame him... on Christmas Eve.
He said if I was doing < 115 he would have let it go.

Next time ask him if you can wear his hat. They always love that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.