BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Help, random hesitation, rough idle. new to e30s

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BMWFatherFigure 
#1 ·
Hello here's my story. Last night I bought an e30. Has 150k and runs normal. But last night drove to Walmart parked the car. Shopped. Came back started the car, all normal. The all of a sudden the engine started hesitating and jerking like there was no power while driving home. But above 3000rpm the engine ran smoothly. Then back to the jerking and hesitating below 3000rpm. Eventually in 2nd gear the car hesitated wouldnt go any further. Turned the car off. Opened the hood. Wiggled my loose gas pedal cable (don't think that's normal??). And that's about all I did. I then turned the car back on and it ran normal for the 2 miles back to my house.

It does have a slightly rough idle.
Has new fuel pump and filter.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Its possible, I do have a seperate pressure regulator for my 240sx that I have never used. Could I use thar? Do yoy know what the fuel pressure for the m20 should be? I didnt change fuel pump, the guy who owned it before did. Also just did an oil change and oil was black. While I was doing that I checked my spark plug every single one was loose. I cleaned them up and torqued them to spec. Havent had the car sputter since. Gunna keep driving to see if it happens again.

#4 ·
Fuel pressure approx 40psi. Replace the original FPR if needed. IME external FPRs can be more problems than they are worth. Original may be $ but work best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.