BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2009 Z4 owners

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  robertrichhart 
#1 · (Edited)
Everyone has heard of the issues with the HPFP in the early 335's. I had some issues with a 2008 535 that I had. Was that problem resolved by the time they put that engine in the Z4 in 2009? Were there any other issues with the first year of the new model? I am interested in not just mechanical issues but lesser ones too. For example, some though the sound system volume was way too low unless you had the premium sound package.

I am looking to upgrade from my 2006 3.0si to a CPO 2009 35 and want to make sure I don't miss something.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
The Z4 had the same HPFP issues until 2010. The dealer will have the vehicle repair history and can tell you if the the HPFP has been replaced. If it has, find out the part number of the pump because several earlier attempts to correct the problem didn't work because the new pump was still not good. The latest version is good and you can find that part number by going to www.realoem.com and drilling down to the part. Compare the part numbers.
No other significant issues with the car.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply and the good advice. I am limiting my potential cars to ones that will be covered CPO so I don't have to worry about that problem as much. I think BMW added time to the warranty for problems associated with the HPFP.

#4 ·
Yup, they did. 100k miles/8 (I think) years

#5 ·
Give it a good drive luvr, it's quite a different car from the one you own. ;)

#6 ·
Yes, the new Z 35 is a beast. I just sold my z4 yesterday. I am still looking for the right z4 35, but for 15k more I can get a 650 vert. I am doing a national CPO search for both. I decided I may want a back seat even though it would be very small. My son will still let me take his z for a spin if I do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

#13 ·
Ok, I cant stand the thought of less driving fun so today I agreed to buy a CPO 2009 z4 35. Loaded with less than 10k miles

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.