BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#19,873 ·
i did start it before and revved it a little but there was a serious issue.. it didnt feel like it was running on all cylinders..

so i took it apart and saw there was an issue ..

only 3 of the coils were in :facepalm:

so i put the finishing touches on her today

and started her up and it sounded like an ls1 without mufflers :D :wow::yikes:

tommorow i hope to get almost everything done

#19,875 ·
i did start it before and revved it a little but there was a serious issue.. it didnt feel like it was running on all cylinders..

so i took it apart and saw there was an issue ..

only 3 of the coils were in :facepalm:

so i put the finishing touches on her today

and started her up and it sounded like an ls1 without mufflers :D :wow::yikes:

tommorow i hope to get almost everything done

#19,876 ·
thanks for the support..

guys its a little hard to make a video when i have one hand covering my ears and the other on the throttle body

but hopefully one will come tommorow :D

:banana:

#19,878 · (Edited)
Frank you're about to be my hero. You've almost pulled off a motor swap most people said couldn't be done because of all the wiring. :thumbup:

I on the other hand can't get a simple bike tuned right. Fussy cold starts, wandering idle, and lean surge to name a few symptoms.

Could be a leak at the exhaust gaskets, new ones on the way, could have been the pilot jets, I cleaned those out tonight. Can't be the valves, checked them and they are in spec.

The carbs may just need to be synced, but I need a ratcheting TINY flathead screwdriver at a 90* angle to do it.

Can't decide if I'm going to take it or the bimmer to work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.