BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Clearance - 275/35-18 on OEM M5 rims

955 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  chivas 
#1 ·
This applies to the back wheels only. I searched and found a few posts on this clearance issue of using OEM M5 rims/tires on the rear.

Mine rub when hitting big bumps or taking a corner to fast. The rubbing shows on the sidewall of the tire over time.

I checked out an M5 and found that it doesn't have 1/4-3/8 inch steel lip on the inside of the rear fender like 540s do. Will rolling this alone fix the problem ?

I know the fender liners are different as well, however, I don't see any rub marks on the liners.

I also read one post that stated that M5s use halfshafts that pull the wheels slightly inward althought I haven't looked into it.

#4 ·
i've rolled my fenders and they still rubbed but michelin pilot a/s has strong shoulders so it wasn't a surprise. the SO2's that came with the Fiske didn't rub and they were 275's.
you would want to down it to 265's. i have them now (ContiSportContact2) and there isn't much difference really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.