BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Voice Commands

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rbright 
#1 ·
I asked my dealer about voice commands for the Navi system and they said that you have to have the entire telephone setup installed to activate the voice commands for the navigation system, which would be about $2000.

However, when I look at BMWNA site, list accessories for my 330ci, it says the following, and I keyed in on the "Voice Input Sytem**" that says that this option is sold separately and can be used with either phone system.

My question is this: Can I just install (or have installed) the voice input system alone to use voice commands with my navi, without the whole telephone setup?

Has anyone done this, or figured out a DIY to do this? I would love this option, but don't want the old telephone technology, especially for that price.

Phone Handset Kit: (phone, battery, belt clip, and charger only) MSRP: $595.00

Installation Kit: (control unit, phone cradled, adapter harness vehicle bracket.) MSRP: $695.00***

Voice Input System (voice recognition) MSRP: $320.00**

MSRP: $595.00 †

† To order Original BMW Accessories, contact your local BMW center. All prices are suggested retail prices and are subject to change. Actual prices may vary and depend upon BMW center. Price excludes taxes. Check with your authorized BMW center for complete information, availability and installation costs.

*The use of wireless telephones and their accessories (“devices”) may be prohibited or restricted in certain areas. Always obey the laws and regulations on the use of these devices.

** Sold separately and can be used with the CPT8000 and CPT7000 phone systems. Not available on some models see your BMW Center for details.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.