BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

'13 X6 (Midnight Blue) with Dealer Review and Many Pics !

12K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Stanesq 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone, I generally tend to lurk on Bimmerfest and comment occasionally... but: today is my day to share my new 2013 Midnight Blue X6 50i and a Dealer Review.

A day before my Birthday I decided I wanted an X6... and as most of us already know, it is a difficult car to obtain quickly and to our specs. Through sheer luck and the persistence of Eric Mahan (Sales Manager), we were able to obtain an allocation for my car. The timeline was nothing short of head spinning fast. Car was ordered August 7th, Built August 14th and Delivered to me August 20th !!!

I picked up my X6 with a whopping 1 MILE on the odometer from BMW of Atlantic City. I have to say that the guys in Atlantic City in their Brand New building have a great attitude and have truly proven that customers come 1st. The General Manager - Mario Clementoni is a fantastic guy who is personable, friendly and always steps up to help a customer. Eric Mahan (Sales Manager) is accommodating, persistent and tells it like it is. My Salesman - Pete Ballias knows BMW's inside and out, he is an enthusiast and appreciates the cars he sells.

The Guys in Parts / Service are Top Notch: Dave Rosenthal (Parts) is on top of any accessories I was looking for and never hesitated to hunt down the goodies. Omar Cruz (Technician / Mechanic) is a young guy with a wealth of knowledge and a great attitude. I see him as being a Service Manager someday with his integrity and willingness to assure customer satisfaction. Plainly stated: "The kid is a good wrench". Service Manager: Tony Martins has an open door policy and made time for any of my needs without any hassle whatsoever. He's always on the go and if you can catch him on the lot or in Service - he's happy to help. A very high energy kind of guy.

Honorable mention goes to the in house detailing company: Teph Seal (http://www.tephseal.com/) these guys tolerated me looking over their shoulders and making sure every inch was cleaned to my satisfaction. They did a great job and I find it interesting how the dealership has them working in house as a "Sub Contractor". Something new to me in the auto sales industry... interesting.

I also wanted to mention that Atlantic City BMW is a subsidiary of Group 1 Automotive (http://www.group1auto.com) (which is a publicly held company - yet another interesting fact). The new building has New EVERYTHING to include a BMW authorized body shop with state of the art water based paint booths.

ONE HUGE CRITICISM: PMT Trucking (Performance) brought the vehicle from SC to NJ. It was on an open carrier, on top and facing backwards. The rear end of the car was TRASHED with bugs and other dirt. There were some type of "smudges" all along the sides of the X6 (a greasy sticky substance). I find it totally unacceptable that PMT kept my car over a weekend aboard a truck (at who knows what location) and then delivers it in such a dirty state. There were also bugs stuck in the trunk crevices and a live spider who hitched a ride. Brand new $80K BMW's should be treated with more care and respect for their purchasers.

On to the PICS:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, same color as mine (pickup tomorrow). What options do you have on? Looks like Sport and M.

Nice write up on the dealership.

#5 ·
Nice. Purchase or Lease? What color interior? I think your tunaround time was nothing short of phenomenal! Congrats... why no LED? BTW... your caption says X5 instead of X6!

#7 ·
Nice ride, nice color JM88! Very nice.

2 quick questions...

1.) Saw you had 1 mile on car (I had 3 on the one I just got)... but looks like gas is empty? Did they fill it up for ya?

2.) Looks like black grills in pic... Did you get these from parts dept or did it come this way?

#10 ·
Beautiful, just beautiful! Enjoy it in good health bud

#12 ·
Enjoy the ride OP!

Btw did anyone see the 7 on the lift, with the powertrain on the gnd. WTF

#15 ·
Whats the "TBA MODE"? im guessing transport mode of sorts?

#16 ·
Congrats! Beautiful color.

#20 ·
I beg to differ. I have the adaptive drive in my 535xi and found it almost useless. I was very disappointed. Not to mention that I have had to have the adaptive drive repaired on 4 diff occasions as the button would "disengage from the system" and become inoperable.

#19 ·
Beautiful! Love the color and wheels!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.