BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Money fell under back seat

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  archrenov8 
#1 ·
There's a small gap between the seat and the rear seat belt receptacle. I dropped 26 cents in there. Anyway to retrieve it easily (maybe by removing the trunk floor and driving up a hill? I think it will be a gift to the 2nd owner of the car!

#3 · (Edited)
I took mine out a few weeks ago. It isn't hard to get out, but get it back in is the challenge. Just pull up around the front side edges. There should be 4 pops I believe from those 4 clips you see near the bottom of the seat in the pic. You also may have to take out the side bolsters to get it back in, not hard either. Just start tugging around in the back and you should hear things pop. I found 16 cents, old, dried, sticky, coke, and rose petals?! :confused:

#4 ·
Remove the seat bottom. Yank sharply up from the front edge of the rear bench. Getting it back is more difficult and requires a bit of patience and finesse with the seatbelt buckles.

#8 ·
No need to remove the side bolsters. When you are putting the bottom cushion back, you get the seatbelts partially inserted through the three holes, and then I found that if you attach the male end of the buckle to the female, you can then pull the strap up while pushing the cushion down. If a third hand is available, it would be helpful, but is not totally necessary. Once you have the back of the cushion secured down with the three seatbelts fully pulled through, you can push down the front edge. Then you snap the plastic pieces back into place.

I have done this several times this summer, when I wanted to load the X3 up and have almost a totally flat loading floor. Too bad they didn't make this easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.