BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need Car Addition Advice

824 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JKenshi 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I bought my black 2004 BMW 325i with 92,000 miles in November and haven't done too much to it except for adding halo rings for the headlights and M wheels. If you have advice on what else I should add to my car I'd love to hear it! Right now I'm deciding on if i should get a black grill or leave it chrome. Also, I'm deciding between clear or smoked signal indicators and side markers instead of the factory yellow. Please post pictures if you have a car similar to mine and have done some of these upgrades so i can see what it looks like or just submit your opinions. Thanks!

#2 ·
The basic thrust of this Forum is to perform the various maintenance issues (and there are plenty of them) needed to keep our cars in the best possible condition. Cosmetic issues are OK, but keeping them roadworthy, safe, and reliable takes precedence....

Read the E46 Wiki !

#3 ·
I've seen e46's that are kitted out in all black and I think that looks very sharp, so plus one on choosing the black grill over the chrome. I think the angel eyes are probably a good choice too. In my opinion these cars look great stock, and are most impressive if the changes are subtle, like the black grill, smoked lenses, etc.

Like Bob says, there's a lot of mechanical work to be done on these cars to keep them running and safe. Pay attention to that (and take some car control classes :)) and you'll find more satisfaction than you will with bling... I guarantee it. If you pay more attention to aesthetics than you do to maintenance, you will end up with a shiny black lawn ornament.

If you really need something external to impress people, go down to your BMW Dealership, go the parts department, and shell out $10 for the white, Roundel t-shirt that says "Ultimate Driving Machine". If that doesn't impress your friends, then they don't deserve to be impressed. Those that understand will get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.