BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Options/Packages that are 'must have' or 'must consider'

13K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  SilverX3 
#1 ·
A thread I wanted to put together to help new F30 owners in their buying decision. Let's get some options/packages that are 'must haves' or 'must consider'. I will kick it off. A package that I think new owners should consider is the Handling package. This feature allows you to change the characteristic of the car with a push of a button. It gives the car a Jackle and Hyde personality. I would strongly recommend this package. Now, share some more!

I will kick it off with the

#48 ·
For Me
1. M-Sport
2. Tech package (need NAV, HUD and the iphone link)
3. Premium package (Sat Radio)
4. Xenons
5. Leather

I Would like to have had
5. Rear-camera/park sensors

#51 ·
Must
M sport package
Xenon
Leather

Nice to if I can afford
Sunroof
Bigger wheels (can always update later when cash flow is better)
Gps (Garmin is much better to use)

Meh....
Heated seats
Tv function....
Etc.

#52 · (Edited)
Xenon and sport or m sport.

Sport auto if you get an auto. I'm not biased or anything its just what I got ;)

I got parking sensors too but I wouldn't consider it must have. I'd say Sirius for me is a must have but premium wasn't so get that retrofit.

A lot of people say dhp. I'd say its a near must on and xdrive. But the sport suspension is not that rough . I drive in LA where the roads are fairly terrible and its not bad at all.

#59 · (Edited)
I think just about every option is a must have, except:
  • auto high beams,
  • cold weather package,
  • driver assistance package,
  • driver assistance plus package,
  • window shades,
  • active cruise control,
  • parking assistant, and
  • x drive
Heated rear seats are good enough instead of cold weather package, and PDC + camera instead of driver assistance works for me.

If I had budget contraints, here is what I would have done:
  1. I'd get the luxury line instead of sport line (definitely agree that sport or luxury line is a must have)
  2. I'd delete DHP
  3. I'd delete Sport Transmission w/Paddle shifters
  4. I'd get the 328 instead of the 335
I'd be perfectly happy with this configuration if I had to cut some $$$$$.

EDIT: by the way, if you drop from a 335 to a 328, you MUST add the lighting package that comes standard on the 335.

#60 ·
I think just about every option is a must have, except:
  • auto high beams,
  • cold weather package,
  • driver assistance package,
  • driver assistance plus package,
  • window shades,
  • active cruise control, and
  • parking assistant
I got every option on my car, save for Parking Assistant. I skipped Cold Weather, in favor of heated front seats + heated steering wheel, because I don't like the look of the headlight squirters. ACC is not available with M-sport. Other than that, my car is completely loaded including shades and auto high beams, Speed Limit Info, etc.

In real-world use, only Lane Departure Warning is pretty useless. I got this feature as a $0 cost option on the AH3, so I'm not too bummed. I like the shades, because I have two little kids that regularly ride in the back seat. Auto High beams are really nice! They're only $250, and it's basically like being able to have your high beams on all the time except when there is another oncoming car. Helps me concentrate on driving an not being distracted by fooling with the beams on/off. The Xenons throw out a tremendous amount of light on the high setting, so having these stay on as much as possible is very handy, not to mention safe.

Driver Assistant Package is great! I love the cameras. As someone who has scrapped plenty of wheels and bumpers in my time, I appreciate the added information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.