BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

guibo BOLT

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  toybuilder 
#1 ·
for some reason i guess i forgot to tighten one guibo bolt and it fell, now i have been experiencing an crazy vibration after 40mph.
is this what may be causing the vibration???

if so does anybody know what are the size and thread of the bolt and nut so i can put it back before anything else messes up.

#3 ·
M10x52 you'll want a heavy duty bolt.

#8 ·
i have a similar problem on my e30. i went to bmw and reluctantly forked over 4.50 for a bolt... however i went to put it in and it would not get tight. is this because i have an bigger guibo or because the threads are worn? do you think i could re thread by drilling or should i get a new guibo from a junkyard or a new one from a parts distributor? The previous owner put longer bolts in and a lock nut on the back of the bolt used to remedy the problem? I don't see why that couldn't work??

#9 ·
I don't see what your drilling guibo's don't have threads.You want to put bigger bolts in your guibo? WHY ? The guibo should have 6 bolts and 6 nuts with washers that hold it to your transmission , I warn you modifying or using multiple types of nuts and bolts can cause a serious vibration and should only be done as a temporary fix. The correct parts are available at your dealer or BAV Autosport or 10 other reputable suppliers .It's not worth screwing your car up over 30 bucks worth of new bolts.If you have 135mm guibo on your car and not the correct 110mm guibo someone has put the wrong transmission in your car .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.