BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

25 series vs. POT HOLE

3K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  K in L.A. 
#1 ·
never mix loud music and high speeds on the 5 fwy! (California) :dunno:

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn! That looks expensive. I can only imagine what it sounded (and felt) like when it happened - gasp! :yikes:

#5 ·
i guess it was bad luck posting yesterday, i'm at work right now waiting for my stock wheels

#7 ·
i doubt it... wouldnt hurt to ask

#9 ·
Damn those things just caved in. Damn spun barrels are too weak for that.

#16 ·
Man, that had to hurt.. Where exactly on the 5 did you come face to face with the pothole? Your best bet is to contact the city - county and hopefully they'll reimburse you for that. My friend smashed her wheel in Fountain Valley and they paid for the rim and tire. Good luck.

#17 ·
5 north traveling to past 134 interchange. sloooooow doooooown....

#19 ·
its my 2nd set of Vellano VSA, first set i curbed front and rear passenger side so i sent those out for a complete overhaul (Matte black lip & inner barrell, machine face, gloss black windows, red pinstripe). thats what i have on the 645 vert right now. I think its time to put them on the 650.

#21 ·
Wow......sad to see this happen to you.

I have had similar experiences with my 25" rubber bands in the rear. They look good but they are not practical for daily use......one pot hole and you can kiss the wheel good bye.:(

#24 ·
i was thinking road debris so i checked out rear fender and under the car and nothing was kicked up

#23 ·
Damn! I feel you pain man. That ride was looking so pretty with these new rims. This is why i try to keep wheels on that has more rubber. The higer the rim size the less rubber you get for protection. My 6 is still stock but I use to go through my rims almost every summer when I had my 540i with 20's on it. The roads sucks here man.

#25 ·
Wow.... I never saw rims with that much damage..
How did that happen...:yikes::yikes:

#29 ·
That pothole is way too big...I don't know why his front bumper wouldn't get damaged...that monster could suck in the whole front end of the car. Unless he just ran over the very side of it.........

#28 ·
you cant forget that when you change out your wheels and tires you also have to change your driving stlye.

#30 ·
oooook. I'll make sure to drive slow and change my style of driving! NOT :thumbdwn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.