F30 N26 turbo oil line recall SIB 11 17 16, blue smoke from exhaust - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d, 328ix, hard bargain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod33084 View Post
Awesome. Good to know. So if my turbo does end up going, it will be covered. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Assuming that your car is registered in OH, since your profile shows Cleveland, OH, you are not covered under the PZEV warranty like @namelessman, who is in CA.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i M sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjm View Post
Assuming that your car is registered in OH, since your profile shows Cleveland, OH, you are not covered under the PZEV warranty like @namelessman, who is in CA.

Yes I am registered in Ohio. I bought the car in Virginia but I believe the guy bought the car new from California. That would be a disappointment if it goes only by current state registration.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, 328ix, hard bargain
Quote:
Yes I am registered in Ohio. I bought the car in Virginia but I believe the guy bought the car new from California. That would be a disappointment if it goes only by current state registration.

It is specific in your warranty book that it is now registration based.

"*The California Emissions Control System Limited Warranty SULEV (PZEV) applies to all 2013 U.S.-specification BMW SULEV (PZEV) vehicles registered in California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Vermont. The SULEV (PZEV) models registered in Oregon, Pennsylvania orWashington have different emissions warranty coverage."

"California Emission Control System Limited Warranty* This warranty applies to California certified vehicles distributed by BMW of North America, LLC (BMW NA) or sold through the BMW NA European Delivery Program, registered and operated primarily in California."

Last edited by imtjm; 04-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Well that's too bad. Thank you for the correction. I'll just have to hope for the best. Or move to one of these states first haha

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 04-20-2017, 06:52 AM
I'd keep playing!

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi 2002 Z3 3.0
Apparently this is good in NJ too! I did not receive a letter, but I know that I have a 2013 328 with the N26 engine. Dealer said that the turbo had to be replaced but that it was covered. I only have 108K on this, so I guess I have a few more miles to go....
Old 04-20-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3RIFFRAFF View Post
Apparently this is good in NJ too! I did not receive a letter, but I know that I have a 2013 328 with the N26 engine. Dealer said that the turbo had to be replaced but that it was covered. I only have 108K on this, so I guess I have a few more miles to go....

That's awesome that you're in one of these states and that they covered all of the repairs for you. I just have to hope my turbo doesn't go out.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:02 AM
I'd keep playing!

Quote:
That's awesome that you're in one of these states and that they covered all of the repairs for you. I just have to hope my turbo doesn't go out.

The drivetrain malfunction light came on a couple of times, but went out after restarting the car and it ran fine after that. I set up an appointment to get something else fixed (unrelated) and the night before I dropped it off, the low oil pressure warning came on. Stopped the car and shut it off. Started it back up and the light was off. Checked the oil level via iDrive and it said it was full, so I drove it home and then to the dealer the next day (lights did not come back on during this driving).

FYI, it will be cheaper to pay to have the car fixed than move to NJ (I moved here from Ohio)!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:28 AM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
The drivetrain malfunction light came on a couple of times, but went out after restarting the car and it ran fine after that. I set up an appointment to get something else fixed (unrelated) and the night before I dropped it off, the low oil pressure warning came on. Stopped the car and shut it off. Started it back up and the light was off. Checked the oil level via iDrive and it said it was full, so I drove it home and then to the dealer the next day (lights did not come back on during this driving).

FYI, it will be cheaper to pay to have the car fixed than move to NJ (I moved here from Ohio)!
So has dealer fixed the turbo oil line and/or turbo?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 AM
I'd keep playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
So has dealer fixed the turbo oil line and/or turbo?
Dealer is working on it now, but said this would be covered. If all goes as planned, I will pick it up tomorrow (4/21). I'll post the results when I know more.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:08 AM
I'd keep playing!

Dealer called last night around 5 and said the car was ready to be picked up (originally said Friday so it was a nice surprise).

Oil line and turbo were both replaced at N/C. Turbo was re-manufactured (I believe) part. I forgot to bring the details with me, but there were several parts replaced (seals, gaskets, o-rings, etc.) under this SIB.

Now if only they had the same deal for the cracked rim....
Old 04-21-2017, 10:53 AM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Dealer called last night around 5 and said the car was ready to be picked up (originally said Friday so it was a nice surprise).

Oil line and turbo were both replaced at N/C. Turbo was re-manufactured (I believe) part. I forgot to bring the details with me, but there were several parts replaced (seals, gaskets, o-rings, etc.) under this SIB.

Now if only they had the same deal for the cracked rim....
The new turbo should last another 100k+ miles. My SA said a new turbo will be at least $1k+, so the PZEV warranty does provide value.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 AM
I'd keep playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
The new turbo should last another 100k+ miles. My SA said a new turbo will be at least $1k+, so the PZEV warranty does provide value.
I'm certainly not going to complain about this being repaired for no charge. I'm also glad that the dealer is on top of the warranty and seems to be looking out for me. I guess they do want me to come back....

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search