Fields BMW license plate - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328xi
Fields BMW license plate

Hello. I am looking for a Fields BMW license plate for my 3 series to take advantage of free car washes. Please Message me if I can have one of yours. Thank YOU
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 16 435 CV Msport PPK
So you want the dealership to wash your car? I don't think I've ever seen that on the 'Fest. Usually it's the opposite.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:13 AM
2015 328x

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328i xdrive seda
^^ LOL!
Did you to join the board to ask for freebies?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:57 AM
This Space 4 Rent

Mein Auto: 17 F33 B58 xDrive
I'll trade you for a handicap plate so I can get the good parking spots.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 335 xdrive M-Sport
So one can buy a license plate frame from that dealer and get their car scratched for free?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5D; 2016 428i
Gotta be fake news LOL I suspect it's a Fields employee. Hope not...

I have NEVER sported a dealer's logo/plate/etc. on ANY of my cars. My wife and I instructed the dealer to remove ALL dealer decals, etc. before we signed off on the X and the 428. On the 428 there were TWO stickers bearing the dealer's name and logo. Dealers know that buyers are in a good mood when they take delivery of the car, so they're sure to plaster their logo all over the car, forgetting that it's not their car any more!

They'd have to pay me a LOT of money to advertise for them. Car washes ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited by Nulevel; 04-20-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:13 PM

Mein Auto: 320i (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulevel View Post
Gotta be fake news LOL I suspect it's a Fields employee. Hope not...

I have NEVER sported a dealer's logo/plate/etc. on ANY of my cars. My wife and I instructed the dealer to remove ALL dealer decals, etc. when we bought the 428. There were TWO stickers bearing the dealer's name and logo...both in the top passenger side of the front windshield. Dealers know that buyers are in a good mood when they take delivery of the car, so they're sure to plaster their fvucking logo all over the car, forgetting that it's not their car any more!

They'd have to pay me a LOT of money to advertise for them. Car washes ain't gonna cut it.
It's more common in the South and Midwest that dealers stick something on the trunk paintwork. I don't like that. A removable license plate frame is better. If designed well, it's nice because it softens the abrupt edge of the license plate. I use a plain frame in front and a dealer one in back. The dealer one has the name in small capital letters and the city name but not the state. Nice looking.

I would like one to read Munchen and BMW Welt. Volvo is a bit too much bragging by reading Volvo Factory Delivery Center and Gothenburg Sweden.

Champion Audi (since sold) of West Palm Beach had a nice frame. Thin black and one word, Champion.

Last edited by Dave 20T; 04-19-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 335 xdrive M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 20T View Post
It's more common in the South and Midwest that dealers stick something on the trunk paintwork. I don't like that. A removable license plate frame is better. If designed well, it's nice because it softens the abrupt edge of the license plate. I use a plain frame in front and a dealer one in back. The dealer one has the name in small capital letters and the city name but not the state. Nice looking.

I would like one to read Munchen and BMW Welt. Volvo is a bit too much bragging by reading Volvo Factory Delivery Center and Gothenburg Sweden.

Champion Audi (since sold) of West Palm Beach had a nice frame. Thin black and one word, Champion.
I make it very clear to the dealer that i will not take delivery if there is any lettering on the car when i pick it up. I usually trash the dealer frames that come along with the car and use plain black ones instead.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
I make it very clear to the dealer that i will not take delivery if there is any lettering on the car when i pick it up. I usually trash the dealer frames that come along with the car and use plain black ones instead.
I've taken a screwdriver with me to the dealer to remove the dealer tag right in front of their staff. A lot of dealer folks are not really car enthusiasts, so are usually perplexed by this.

If I am not mistaken there was a dealer in Ohio years ago that riveted their dealer tag onto the deck lid. Spitzer Auto I think.

Past:
2010 GTI | Stage II
2007 Audi A4 | Stage I
2003 325i | DSG Transmission (yes, the old school one)
2001 325ci | ED | Silver | Sport | Premium
1995 318 Ti | Cosmos Black

Last edited by RockyM; 04-19-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5D; 2016 428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
This is exactly what I did on my X5. Told the dealer to remove the license plate frame; then I replaced it with my own.

I'm not interested in advertising for a dealer. They should have to pay me to pimp their logo.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i X Drive
I won't use dealer plate frames, but in the past if I happen to get one on a new car and don't have a suitable plain frame on hand, I'll take the dealer frame, turn it around, and put the license plate into the back side of the frame. When it's screwed in you have a nice thin black edge around the plate and the dealer advertising is turned around and not visible.
2013 Audi Q5 Cuvee Silver/Black/Prem. Plus/19'/MMI/B&O/3M tint (sold)
Old 04-20-2017, 07:52 AM
2015 328x

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328i xdrive seda
I could not care less about having the plate holder with dealer name on it. It's like being on a motorcycle then. When I see someone else with the same dealer we all wave at each other;-) Seriously though I agree about any other form of advertising on the vehicle. I have leased 2 BMW's from the same dealer and each time I tell the CA he says don't worry we never put anything but the plate holder on the car. I guess enough people feel the same way that they simply decided to avoid unhappy buyer's by making it a blanket rule so whoever preps the car doesn't eff it up..

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search