BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My '07 650i with 21" Alpina B7 Slippers

17K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  bigscore 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I finally had a chance to take a few pics of the new wheels on my car. These are off the newest version of the B7.
They're 21x10's (41 offset) with 295/25/21 in the back and
21x8.5's (25mm offset) with 255/30/21 in the front. I have 18mm spacers in the back and 15mm spacers in the front from Burger Tuning. The TPMSensors came from Tirerack (great deal and same brand BMW uses) and I only needed the actual sensors because the wheels have the valve stems and holders built into the actual rim. The car is lowered with H&R springs and there is no rub!! Fronts turn free no problem and the ride is super smooth. Just a little paranoid now about potholes and ditch-like sewer caps...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive design

I found it very difficult to find sound advice from any wheel/tire guys up here as to whether these would fit, etc. If they sense they can't make money off of you then all of a sudden they don't know what wheels and tires are. So checkout www.willtheyfit.com. Major lifesaver! You type in all the stats for your current wheels, offsets, and tires and also the new proposed setup and it will show you everything you would need to know to determine whether they will fit.

Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior

Decided to try out one of the DIY Air Scoops to compliment the AFE Intake. Fairly easy, the mounting was a little bit wacky but managed to get it fitted after a bunch of test fitting and trimming and beer breaks as well as dedicated swear word breaks. But it is much more satisfying making it yourself then paying RPI a $100. The sound is unreal from the intake, and combined with the full resonator delete with x-pipe, there is no need for muffler upgrades. Sounds insane.

Anywho, thought I would share my latest stuff.
Take care

See less See more
#2 ·
Love those wheels, they look awesome. I think 21" is the perfect wheel size on the 6er.

#3 ·
nice wheels and i thing so too 21" is best looking on 6er

#4 ·
You did some geat mods CTCK650. Very tastefully done.:thumbup: The Alpina rims are great rims. Had a set once but got tired of the cleaning that is required, especially between the vanes. But they are beautiful rims when spotless. I love the way they sit on your ride.
Nice DYI on the scoops too. It's great when you can do these things for yourself.

#7 ·
Thanks boys, I think 21's are the best too. My car wash time has increased by 15min making sure the wheels are completely clean haha. That's ok though. It's worth it!

#11 ·
Nice 21s look perfect

#14 ·
Damn it looks good, if the roads were better here in the UK I would get a set of them, does anyone know if they are available in the UK?

Also I heard rumours that if you have larger rims it puts strain on the steering rack, is this true?

#21 ·
I ordered the lip from www.schmiedmann.com. It's cheaper than EBay and will be shipped to you directly from Alpina.

#22 · (Edited)
As nice as those rims look in the pics.....the pics do NO justice to them. thoses rims are beautiful in person. I have 245/295 21" on my 6 with eibachs and it's perfect. IMO 21's are the way to go on the 6.....I also endorse the Akebono pads....i have them and the result is ZERO brake dust and the stopping power is just fine IMO..

Congrats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.