BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rear diff and ccc radio

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Yorgi 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i got 2 questions for u guys and was wondering if you can provide me with some answer. I have 04 E64 and planning to change it to a M6 diff, aside from the diff, what other components do i need to complete the installation?

Also, my audio system was not mp3 enabled, and i recently changed the unit to a newer version which mp3 is enabled, but i lost my radio and voice command. Any suggestions in what i can do to have everything working again? Or just install my old unit back?

Thanks in advance

#2 · (Edited)
You will need to talk to someone who has actually done the M6 to 650i diff install and I've not seen someone try this. I would guess it will bolt right on. That is an excellent idea though, since you get limited slip plus 3.62 vs 3.46. Let us know how it goes.

Check out this thread. I would bet if you call Jim at Performance Gearing he will know off the top of his head what is required.

The new CCC unit needs programming to get it to work with the car. The dealer will have to do it unless you know a good indie mechanic that can do programming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.